Warren Reid > Ashfords LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
TOWER WHARF, CHEESE LANE
- Go to...
Warren is a partner in the Property Litigation team. Warren has an excellent track record in resolving Real Estate disputes, including negotiations, numerous mediations, and when necessary at trial.
Warren’s expertise is in lease advisory work, including lease renewals, landlord and tenant covenant issues, property exit strategies, dilapidations, rent review, break options, alienation, alterations and insolvency; also in real property disputes including rights of way, boundary issues, restrictive covenants and access to neighbouring land. Warren is a pragmatic and solutions focused lawyer, acting for landlords and tenants with national portfolios, developers, charities, and clients in the healthcare, technology, retail, public, and rural land sectors.
Prior to joining Ashfords Warren headed up the Property Litigation team and Commercial Property department at Thrings LLP.
Warren is a member of the Property Litigation Association, a regular RICS guest speaker (London and the SW), and a trustee of Dorothy House Hospice Care.
- A substantial, well known, international, professional body instructed Warren to advise on the exit from its West London worldwide HQ and relocation to London, EC2, including high value, assorted and complex L&T issues and strategic dilapidations planning.
- A leading provider in estate agency, lettings, and mortgage services instructed Warren for very many years to advise on its national property portfolio. L&T issues have included high value “user clause” considerations, complex lease renewals, break notices, managing dilapidations, and service charge and other landlord’s covenant issues.
- A provider of mental health care facilities operating from several hundred sites instructed Warren on its national healthcare property portfolio, including a range of lease renewal issues and also a £1/3m dilapidations claim with complex supersession and sub tenancy issues arising.
- Acting for a prestigious developer in a high profile and leading Court of Appeal case concerning the award of damages for trespass based on a hypothetical negotiation.
- A UK Limited company, its directors, and the company’s inward investor clients, have for many years instructed Warren on a wide range of their personal and investment property portfolio matters, including office premises in London W1 and a variety of high value residential L&T issues and properties.
Sporting ‘considerable experience from partners to associates’, Ashfords LLP advises clients on matters ranging from professional negligence claims to commercial and residential landlord and tenant matters. Sian Gibbon leads the practice from Exeter, where Victoria Bonnet and Marjorie Batten are recommended for their expertise in both private and public sector property litigation. James Hemsley in Plymouth and the Bristol-based Warren Reid are further key contacts.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence