Emma Birch > Sydney Mitchell LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Sydney Mitchell LLP Offices
35 WATERLOO STREET
- Go to...
Emma is a general commercial litigator and is able to take on all types of commercial disputes, including:
- Contractual disputes
- Supply-chain disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Defamation claims
- Intellectual property disputes
- Court claims and applications for injunctive relief
She has worked with a broad variety of clients from both the public and private sectors including multi-national banking organisations, local authorities, Tier 1 automotive suppliers, and SME owner-managed businesses.
LLB Law with French 2:1 from the University of Sheffield
Emma spends much of her time playing and watching netball, but is also a keen gym-goer. To balance out the exercise, Emma also enjoys baking (and eating) cakes!
On the contentious side, Sydney Mitchell LLP‘s team head Leanne Schneider-Rose is experienced in handling a wide range of claims for insolvency practitioners, such as those involving transactions at undervalue, preferential claims, directors’ misfeasance and debt collection. Non-contentious work is also a mainstay of the work undertaken by the group, which also generates mandates from lenders and distressed companies. Senior associate Emma Birch joined from Weightmans LLP.
Sydney Mitchell LLP‘s commercial litigation team attracts praise for its ‘competitive costs’ and ‘high levels of partner involvement‘. Dean Parnell, who handles a range of commercial litigation and employment disputes, jointly leads the practice alongside Shirley-based Kamal Majevadia, who handles probate disputes involving commercial issues and company shares. ‘Tenacious‘ senior associate Emma Birch joined from Weightmans LLP adding financial services litigation and manufacturing disputes experience.
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - West Midlands > Finance
- Commercial litigation: Birmingham - West Midlands > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- Employment > Immigration
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Employment > Employment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation