Dhruv Manchanda > LexCounsel > New Delhi, India > Lawyer Profile
B-4/232, Safdarjung Enclave
New Delhi - 110 029
- Go to...
LexCounsel, New Delhi Office
Dhruv Manchanda has over 10 years of experience and has extensively advised in areas including Information Technology Laws, Labour and Employment Laws, ‘Not-for-Profit’ Entities, Education Laws, Food Laws, Insurance Laws, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Intellectual Property, Real Estate, General Corporate and Commercial Laws.
Dhruv was nominated as Next Gen Lawyer in Legal 500 rankings in the year 2018 and Next Gen Partner in the Legal 500 rankings for the year 2019.
- Dhruv has been engaged in corporate and commercial practice including mergers, acquisitions, assistance in due diligence investigations/regulatory audits, review of contracts and advising on risk mitigation and standardization, transactional structuring, advising on entry strategies into India, strategic alliances, representation in joint ventures, setting up subsidiary companies, investment and divestment, foreign equity restrictions and caps, setting up liaison offices, etc.
- Advised on different forms of ‘not-for-profit’ entities in India in compliance with central and state legislations and on receipt and utilisation of funds by ‘not-for-profit’ entities and available tax exemptions, assisted in setting up such entities and in post registration/setting-up compliances, obtaining ancillary licenses and registrations and review of grant agreements, etc.
- Engaged in conducting regulatory audits and advising on compliances under the Labour and Employee laws, information technology laws, environment laws, company law and foreign exchange management laws of India and has advised companies on employee related matters such as provident fund issues, gratuity issues, restructuring of operations vis-à-vis employees, compensation and benefits upon termination, severance benefits, obtaining statutory registrations, procedure for termination of managerial and junior level employees, framing HR policies, review of employment agreements, etc.
- Dhruv has also been regularly involved in advising on and undertaking title verification and land due diligence in connection with acquisition of land for setting up K12 schools across different states in India, drafting, review and negotiations on various different agreements, viz. lease deeds for commercial premises, hotel management agreements, leave and license agreements, franchise/collaboration agreements for setting up resorts across India, represented a leading resort company in contractual issues with owners, advised a leading hospital chain in review and negotiation of an operation, development and management agreement for management of a hospital; advising on applicable restrictions and regulations for usage of property by a diplomatic entity including advise on payment of property taxes.
- Involved in advising an international company on the permitted ingredients in the nutraceutical products proposed to be introduced in India in view of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 and regulations thereunder and assisted in obtaining approvals for the nutraceutical products from Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
- Dhruv has advised on structuring models for provision of educational services in compliance with applicable education regulations and guidelines, applicability of and compliance with state education regulations, right of children to free and compulsory education act, CBSE and ICSE affiliation bye-laws, etc.
English and Hindi
Bar Council of Delhi
B.A.LL.B (Hons.) – Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi in 2010;
Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Laws from Asian School of Cyber Laws in 2011
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The corporate and commercial practice at LexCounsel has a broad service offering, which covers acquisitions, share purchase transactions, foreign exchange regulations, as well as company law and contractual issues. The team is retained by a range of clients, showcasing sector-specific expertise of not-for-profit entities, education and life sciences. Alishan Naqvee is the key point of contact for the pharmaceutical industry, while Seema Jhingan has extensive experience handling matters involving educational institutions. Dhruv Manchanda is extremely involved in M&A transactions.