Mr Rabindra S Nathan > Shearn Delamore & Co > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Shearn Delamore & Co Offices
7th Floor Wisma Hamzah-Kwong Hing
No. 1 Leboh Ampang
- Go to...
Mr Rabindra S Nathan
Arbitration & Mediation
Personal Data Protection & Privacy Laws (Head)
Regulatory Compliance & Enforcement (Head)
Partner since 1997
Rabindra has broad experience in litigation cases relating to banking and insolvency, corporate matters, swaps and derivatives as well as international commercial arbitration.
English, Bahasa Malaysia.
- Malaysian Bar
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- American Society of International Law (ASIL)
- British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- London Court of International Arbitration
- LL.B (Hons), University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- LL.M (Hons), University of Cambridge
- Barrister & Solicitor, New Zealand
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- The Restructuring Review - Malaysia: Overview - Law Business Research, 7th Edition (2014)
- International Insolvency - Jurisdictional Comparisons - The European Lawyer Reference Series (2015 and 2016)
- Getting the Deal Through: Dispute Resolution - Law Business Research (2015)
- Practical Law's Arbitration Global Guide – Malaysia Chapter, Thomson Reuters, 10th edition (2016)
- The Asia-Pacific Restructuring Review - Malaysia: Overview - Law Business Research (2017)
Malaysia > Dispute resolution
The ‘very reliable, knowledgeable, efficient‘ dispute resolution practice at Shearn Delamore & Co handles a range of commercial, corporate and banking disputes, and carves a particular niche in professional negligence litigation. Practice head Jeyanthini Kannaperan handles a range of banking and finance, land and corporate disputes; Rabindra S Nathan represents clients in corporate and commercial litigation, banking, insolvency litigation and international commercial arbitration, while Rodney Gomez has particular experience in infrastructure and construction disputes. Other names to note include K Shanti Mogan, who has particular technology, data protection and entertainment sector experience; Dhinesh Bhaskaran is an expert in product liability, medical malpractice and insurance disputes. Robert Lazar retired from the practice.
Malaysia > TMT
The ‘commercial and proactive‘ telecoms, media and technology sector practice group at Shearn Delamore & Co encompasses lawyers across multiple practice areas, including IP, financial services, corporate and M&A, tax and competition, to assist clients particularly with emerging issues across technology, media and communications. Intellectual property partner Timothy Siaw heads up the group which includes Janet Toh, who frequently advises on IT contracts; corporate and M&A partner Ng Swee Kee; litigator Rabindra S Nathan and Christina Kow, who focuses on financial services regulatory and data privacy issues.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition
- Banking and finance
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property
- Labour and employment
- Real estate and construction