Ms Janet Toh > Shearn Delamore & Co > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Shearn Delamore & Co Offices
7th Floor Wisma Hamzah-Kwong Hing
No. 1 Leboh Ampang
- Go to...
Ms Janet Toh
- Intellectual Property
- Technology, Media & Telco
Partner since 2011.
Janet Toh is a partner of the Intellectual Property and TMT practice groups of Shearn Delamore & Co. Janet Toh has wide-ranging experience in intellectual property and technology transactional work. Janet graduated with Second Class Upper Honours in law from Bristol University in 1998. Janet then did her Certificate in Legal Practice and continued with her Masters in Law education at the National University of Singapore under a research scholarship. She then returned to Malaysia to join Shearn Delamore in 2001 where she undertook her pupillage. She was made a partner of Shearn Delamore in 2011.
- Malay (Spoken, Proficient)
- Cantonese (Spoken, Conversational)
- Chinese (Spoken, Basic)
- Former president, Licensing Executives Society Malaysian chapter
- Committee member of 2020-2021 Commercialization of Brands Committee, INTA
- Committee member, Bar Council Cyber Law Committee
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member, Intellectual Property Committee of the ITechLaw Association
- LL.B (Hons), University of Bristol
- LL.M, National University of Singapore
- Certificate in Legal Practice
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Chambers Global Practice Guide 2019 Malaysia Pharmaceutical Advertising: Q&A [co-author]
- Chambers Global Practice Guide 2019 Malaysia Trends and Developments: The Rise of the Machines – Artificial Intelligence & Copyright Law – the Malaysian Landscape [co-author]
- Malaysian section of the International Comparative Legal Guide to Telecoms, Media & Internet Law & Regulations 2019
- Malaysian section of the International Comparative Legal Guide to Trade Marks 2018 & 2019 [co-author]
- Malaysian section of the World Trademark Review Anti-Counterfeiting Guide (2010-2017) [co-author]
Led by the ‘world-class‘ Karen Abraham, Shearn Delamore & Co‘s intellectual property team also features litigation expert Indran Shanmuganathan, an ‘experienced lawyer‘ with ‘good tactical knowledge and intimate awareness of legal complexities‘. Handling trade mark violations, data protection and industrial designs, the firm also covers matters such as copyright abuse and competition law. Notably, it has particular expertise in the telecoms sector where it advises on relevant aspects pertaining to the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission. Janet Toh, Michelle C Y Loi and Timothy Siaw are collectively recommended for the protection of IP assets, including complex patents and for their expertise relating to life sciences. Jyeshta Mahendran is another name to note.