Mr VIjayan Venugopal > Shearn Delamore & Co > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Shearn Delamore & Co Offices
7th Floor Wisma Hamzah-Kwong Hing
No. 1 Leboh Ampang
- Go to...
Mr VIjayan Venugopal
Employment & Administrative Law
Partner since 2002
Vijayan Venugopal is a Partner of the firm, specialising in Employment and Administrative Law.
He graduated with a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) from the London School of Economics and Political Science, University of London and was called to the Utter Bar of England & Wales in 1993. He was subsequently called to the Malaysian Bar in 1994 and joined the firm thereafter. He was also called to the Singapore Bar in 1997. He also holds a Masters degree from the University of Malaya.
His experience includes advising on labour issues, industrial relations, collective bargaining, industrial actions, trade disputes, contracts of service, mergers & acquisitions, restructuring, reorganisation & retrenchment, occupational health and safety, employee provident funds and social security, statutory benefits, dismissals, judicial review, administrative law and union issues.
Vijayan has conducted hearings at various levels of the employment judicial hierarchy including the Labour Court, the Industrial Court, the Magistrate’s Court, the Sessions Court, the High Court, the Court of Appeal and the Federal Court.
- Member, Industrial and Employment Law Committee of the Malaysian Bar Council (MBC)
- Member, Diversity & Equality Law Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- LL.B (Hons), University of London (London School of Economics and Political Science)
- LL.M, University of Malaya
- Barrister-at-Law, Middle Temple
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore