Ms Irene Yong > Shearn Delamore & Co > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Shearn Delamore & Co Offices
7th Floor Wisma Hamzah-Kwong Hing
No. 1 Leboh Ampang
- Go to...
Ms Irene Yong
- Tax & Revenue
- Personal Data Protection and Privacy Laws
- Private Wealth & Family Business
- Technology, Media & Telco
Partner since 2008
Irene practices in all aspects of Tax and Revenue law advisory, structuring, planning, audits, investigations, dispute resolution (including advising taxpayers on the settlement of tax cases or in dealings with governmental authorities) and litigation (including tax appeals, declaratory proceedings, judicial review applications, civil suits, windings up etc.), sales tax, service tax, goods and services tax (GST), transfer pricing, income tax, real property gains tax, indirect taxes, stamp duty, taxation of oil and gas companies, tax incentives, trusts, and asset protection and planning. Irene has appeared as counsel for taxpayers before the GST Appeal Tribunal, the Special Commissioners of Income Tax and the Superior Courts of Malaysia.
Irene also practises in the area of Personal Data Protection & Privacy Laws, and provides information and data management strategies and solutions, business practice and process reviews, as well as template and document reviews for business enterprises. She has advised and conducted reviews and audits for various business enterprises, including financial institutions. She has presented many papers on personal data protection law and regularly conducts training and workshops for clients and event organisers.
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, Malaysian Bar Council’s Tax Sub-Committee
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member, International Fiscal Association (IFA) and its Malaysian Branch
- Malaysian representative, Women of IFA Network (WIN)
- LL.B (Hons), University of London
- MBA, University of Warwick
- Certificate in Legal Practice
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- One of the authors of Bloomberg BNA's Business Operations in Malaysia
- Contributed to Tax Planning International Asia-Pacific Focus and Tax Planning International Indirect Taxes published by Bloomberg Tax
- Contributed to The International Tax Review published by Euromoney Institutional Investor plc.
- Contributed to The Asia-Pacific Tax Bulletin published by the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation in Amsterdam
- Contributed to the Tax Nasional published by the Malaysian Institute of Taxation