Ms Lorraine Cheah > Shearn Delamore & Co > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Shearn Delamore & Co Offices
7th Floor Wisma Hamzah-Kwong Hing
No. 1 Leboh Ampang
- Go to...
Ms Lorraine Cheah
- Corporate / M&A
- Infrastructure and Construction
Partner since 1998
Lorraine Cheah graduated with LL.B (Hons) (Wales), UK in 1986 and also has a master’s degree in law (LL.M) from the University of New South Wales, Australia. She was admitted as a Barrister-at-Law by the Middle Temple, England in 1987 and later admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of Malaya in 1988. She has been a partner of the firm since April 1998.
Prior to joining the commercial and corporate department of Shearn Delamore & Co. in 2007, Lorraine Cheah practiced in the dispute resolution department of Shearn Delamore & Co where her area of practice was primarily in Corporate and Commercial litigation as well as media law. She has advised on the local incorporation of the banking industry as well as the listing of companies on the Bursa Malaysia, infrastructure and project development partner contracts, joint venture agreements, development and privatization agreements with the government of Malaysia as well as public private partnership agreements.
Lorraine provides legal advice on infrastructure and construction projects, joint ventures and general corporate transactions.
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- LL.B (Hons), (Wales)
- LL.M (UNSW)
- Barrister-at-Law, Middle Temple
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Getting The Deal Through – Restructuring and Insolvency – Co-Author of Malaysian section together with Datin Grace Yeoh
- Advisory Editor - Defamation Handbook published by the Malayan Law Journal