Ms Pamela Kung > Shearn Delamore & Co > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Shearn Delamore & Co Offices
7th Floor Wisma Hamzah-Kwong Hing
No. 1 Leboh Ampang
- Go to...
Ms Pamela Kung
- Financial Services
- Energy, Natural Resources & Green Technology
- Infrastructure & Projects
- Private Wealth & Family Business
- Technology, Media & Telco
Partner since 2011
Pamela’s practice covers a broad range of banking and debt capital market transactions including acquisition financing, project financing, structured lending, real estate financing, corporate loans, trade facilities, Islamic financing, issuance of corporate bonds and Sukuk. She advises lenders as well as borrowers across a wide spectrum of cross-border and domestic, bilateral and syndicated, loan and financing transactions. She also advises on corporate debt restructuring. In addition, she provides regulatory advice on exchange control regulations, banking and financial institutions regulations, finance and securities laws.
Pamela is also involved in private wealth and succession planning, and advises on trusts and foundation structures.
English, Malay, Chinese
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Asia Regional Director, World Law Group (WLG)
- LL.B (Hons), University of Leicester
- Certificate in Legal Practice
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Doing Business in Asia-Pacific: Malaysia – Chapter 5: Foreign Investment, and Chapter 10: Financing, 1st edition (2020), published by the Asia-Pacific Regional Forum of the International Bar Association
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The financial services group at Shearn Delamore & Co is known for providing advice on Shariah-compliant transactions as well as assisting with template Islamic financing documents. Notably, it has consolidated a niche reputation in advising on the regulation of derivatives. Recommended personnel: Christina Kow and Pamela Kung.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition
- Banking and finance
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property
- Labour and employment
- Real estate and construction