Mr Rodney Gomez > Shearn Delamore & Co > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Shearn Delamore & Co Offices
7th Floor Wisma Hamzah-Kwong Hing
No. 1 Leboh Ampang
- Go to...
Mr Rodney Gomez
Infrastructure & Projects (co-Head)
Engineering & Construction (Head)
Arbitration & Mediation
Partner since 2001
Arbitration, adjudication, conciliation, mediation and litigation matters involving construction contracts, consultancy agreements, engineering contracts, infrastructure projects, procurement contracts, and project management and implementation.
Rodney also has wide experience in planning and development as well as the management of public-private partnerships, private finance initiatives and other related issues that arise in the area of infrastructure and construction related projects.
- Malaysian Bar
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- ASEAN Law Association of Malaysia
- Society of Construction Law (Malaysia)
- Panel Member of Arbitrators and Adjudicators at the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb), the Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (FMIArb) and the Malaysian Society of Adjudicators (FMSAdj)
- LL.B (Hons), University of West London (formerly known as Ealing College of Higher Education)
- Barrister-at-Law, Middle Temple
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Chapter 7 of Commencement of Arbitration in the publication, Arbitration in Malaysia – A Practical Guide (2016)
Shearn Delamore & Co assists domestic and international clients with a full range of corporate real estate transactions, it also leverages the firm’s engineering and construction practice to advise on contentious and non-contentious matters relating to development projects. Transactional real estate expert Sau Yee Sar jointly heads the practice alongside Rodney Gomez, who frequently construction disputes. Aileen P L Chew is another name to note for non-contentious matters.
Shearn Delamore & Co leverages a multi-disciplinary team in providing clients with a full-service offering across the corporate and project structuring, engineering and construction, dispute resolution and financing in the oil and gas and infrastructure sector. Rodney Gomez and Grace Yeoh jointly head the practice group and focus on dispute resolution and non-contentious matters respectively.(Leading individuals)
The ‘very reliable, knowledgeable, efficient‘ dispute resolution practice at Shearn Delamore & Co handles a range of commercial, corporate and banking disputes, and carves a particular niche in professional negligence litigation. Practice head Jeyanthini Kannaperan handles a range of banking and finance, land and corporate disputes; Rabindra S Nathan represents clients in corporate and commercial litigation, banking, insolvency litigation and international commercial arbitration, while Rodney Gomez has particular experience in infrastructure and construction disputes. Other names to note include K Shanti Mogan, who has particular technology, data protection and entertainment sector experience; Dhinesh Bhaskaran is an expert in product liability, medical malpractice and insurance disputes. Robert Lazar retired from the practice.
- Dispute resolution - Malaysia
- Leading individuals - Malaysia > Dispute resolution
- Real estate and construction - Malaysia
- Projects and energy - Malaysia
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition
- Banking and finance
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property
- Labour and employment
- Real estate and construction