Ms K Shanti Mogan > Shearn Delamore & Co > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Shearn Delamore & Co Offices
7th Floor Wisma Hamzah-Kwong Hing
No. 1 Leboh Ampang
- Go to...
Ms K Shanti Mogan
- Arbitration & Mediation (Head)
- Competition Law & Antitrust (Co-Head)
- Dispute Resolution
- Personal Data Protection & Privacy Laws
- Regulatory Compliance & Enforcement
- Technology, Media & Telco
Partner since 2001
Shanti has a broad commercial practice, representing clients in commercial litigation and arbitration, both domestic and international. She acts as counsel and arbitrator, and represents parties in arbitrations held domestically and internationally She is Head of the Arbitration Practice and co-head of the Competition Law Practice
Her experience covers a wide range of disputes including banking, commercial, corporate and technology related disputes.
Shanti regularly acts for banks, regulatory bodies and corporations in relation to consumer protection, data protection and privacy, defamation, entertainment, multimedia and communications dispute matters.
Shanti also has experience in the area of competition and antitrust laws, and offers advisory services, compliance audits and legal representation in competition law investigations and disputes. Specific industries she has represented in her competition practice include the pharmaceutical, insurance, energy, travel, banking, automotive, entertainment and retail sectors.
Shanti advises on regulatory compliance and activities coming under the purview of various authorities including the Securities Commission, the Anti-Corruption Commission and the Communications and Multimedia Commission.
English, Malay, Tamil
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, Court of Arbitration – Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Fellow, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (MIArb)
- Member, Arbitration Sub Committee – Malaysian Bar Council
- Member, Arbitration Committee- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) (Malaysia)
- Member, Legal Affairs Committee – Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MICCI)
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member, Inter Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- Member, Panels of Arbitrators of AIAC, SIAC, ICC (Malaysia)
- LL.B (Hons), University of Bristol
- LL.M (Hons), University of Malaya
- Barrister-at-Law, Gray’s Inn
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Co-authored the Chapter on Law & Practice (Malaysia) in Chambers Global Practice Guide on International Arbitration [2019 - 2020]
- Contributor to the International Law Office’s Legal Newsletter on Arbitration [ 2019-2020]
- Contributor of the WLG Merger Control Guide 2020