Mr Yee Mei Ken > Shearn Delamore & Co > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Shearn Delamore & Co Offices
7th Floor Wisma Hamzah-Kwong Hing
No. 1 Leboh Ampang
- Go to...
Mr Yee Mei Ken
Private Wealth & Family Business
Regulatory Compliance & Enforcement
Partner since 2005
Corporate litigation and family business feud, shareholders and directors’ disputes, banking and insolvency litigation, winding-up proceeding, asset and debt recovery, commercial litigation and arbitration. Ken has advised on schemes of arrangement for creditors and syndicated lenders. He has been involved in matters relating to anti-money laundering, anti-corruption and breach of trust.
Defamation and libel including online publication claims. Ken often defends media and news publishers. He also has the niche experience of conducting a globally unique market research and readership litigation. He is involved in pre-publication vetting exercise and consulted for his legal opinion by the media on public interest issues. He frequently appears as Counsel at the High Court and Appellate Courts.
Effectively trilingual, he delivered talks on shareholders’ rights and directors’ liabilities and has also conducted workshops on media law for editors and journalists at both English and Chinese media organizations. He is a member of the China Desk and works closely with our Chinese clients.
English, Malay, Chinese
- Malaysian Bar
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- Committee Panel Member of the Advocates and Solicitors Disciplinary Board
- Firm Representative to the Law Society of England &Wales, the Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry of KL and Selangor (KLSCCCI), and the European Union – Malaysia Chamber of Commerce & Industry (EUMCCI)
- LL.B (Hons), University of Wales (Cardiff)
- Barrister-at-Law, Lincoln’s Inn
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition
- Banking and finance
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property
- Labour and employment
- Real estate and construction