Hugh Pearce > Stone King LLP > Bath, England > Lawyer Profile
Stone King LLP Offices
13 QUEEN SQUARE
- Go to...
Hugh is a Partner and advises on a broad range of property matters including construction contracting and planning though, by his own admission, he has a special interest in the more complex development joint venture and project related work.
Hugh works most closely with Stone King’s charity and education clients and is a senior member of both the firm’s Charity & Social Enterprise Property and Education Property Teams. He also leads the firm’s Faith Organisations Team.
Trained Stephenson Harwood; qualified 1991; Stephenson Harwood 1991-93; Eversheds 1993-97; paternity leave 1997-98; Somerfield Group (in house) 1998-2000; partner Stone King 2000 to date.
Law Society; Charity Law Association; Charity Property Association; Conference of Solicitors for Catholic Charities; Ecclesiastical Law Society.
Davenant Foundation Grammar School, Loughton, Essex; Durham University (1986 BSc Hons Geography); College of Law, Chancery Lane (1988 CPE; 1989 LSF).
Family, cricket, hill walking, plant/animal husbandry and choral singing.
Stone King LLP is praised for its ‘efficiency of work‘; the offering encompasses sales, acquisitions, leases, landlord and tenant work and dispute resolution. The group has particularly strong expertise in the education and charity sectors, and also supports its corporate team on a regular basis. Caroline Taylor, who leads the practice, has know-how in transactions and contracts. Hugh Pearce covers construction contracting and planning. Joanne Burton is a key contact for education clients.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Education
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Employment > Employment: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation