Kate Pollock > Stewarts Law LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Stewarts Law LLP Offices
9 BOND COURT
- Go to...
Partner and Head of Competition Litigation.
Described by The Legal 500 as “a superb litigator: smart, strategic and level-headed”, Kate specialises in competition litigation, in particular cartel damages claims including acting for 12 major retailers in multi-billion pound claims against MasterCard and Visa.
Kate has significant experience of complex and high-value commercial disputes, both in the UK and overseas, most recently acting for major corporates based in France, Sweden and Slovenia. Her clients span the retail, manufacturing, aviation and energy sectors.
Representative cases include:
- Acting for major retailers in multi-billion pound claims against MasterCard and Visa
- Acting for multi-national building materials manufacturer in its claim arising from the Trucks Cartel
- Acting for a global wholesaler of IT products and services in a multi-million claim arising from the worldwide Liquid Crystal Displays Cartel
- Acting for global corporation in its claim arising from the Smart Cart Chips Cartel
- Acting for a major power company in a multi-million claim relating to the High Voltage Power Cables cartel
Kate trained at Travers Smith in London. She joined Wragge & Co in 1999, moving to Walker Morris in 2006. Kate joined Stewarts in 2011 and was made a partner in 2012.
Kate enjoys skiing, particularly in North America.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire(Leading individuals)
The practitioners at Stewarts Law LLP are praised for being ‘highly focused on what matters for the client and being very savvy strategists‘. The practice can cover corporate and commercial litigation, civil fraud and corruption mandates, as well as cartel damages claims, IT issues and financial services disputes. The client roster spans large local, national and international corporations from a variety of industries. Group head Mo Bhaskaran is a specialist in fraud cases, while Kate Pollock is a ‘brilliant communicator with a laser focus on client’s interests‘ and Nick Haworth acts as key contact for Marks & Spencer.
The specialist competition litigation practice at Stewarts Law LLP possesses a ‘dynamic’ team with a number of experienced partners including ‘amazing’ practice head Kate Pollock and cross-border disputes expert Inge Forster. The firm’s major clients include UK household names Asda and Marks & Spencer. The competition litigation team also uniquely contains in-house economist Mark Lewis.
- Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire