Warren Maxwell > Stewarts Law LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Stewarts Law LLP Offices
9 BOND COURT
- Go to...
Partner in the Personal Injury department.
Warren represents claimants in high-value and complex personal injury claims arising from road traffic collisions, accidents at work, equine and sporting accidents. Before training as a solicitor, Warren served for five years in the Coldstream Guards and has a particular understanding in relation to claims brought by past and present HM Forces personnel.
Warren has particular experience in acting for claimants who have suffered injuries of the utmost severity, particularly brain, spinal cord and complex orthopaedic injuries.
Warren recently recovered in excess of £6.1m for a 20-year-old female who sustained a T5 complete spinal cord injury in a motorcycle accident.
He acted for the claimant in Housley v Christiansen LTLPI 6/1/2010 where damages to pay for a light aircraft and associated costs, (including the cost of renting accommodation with attached airstrip), were recovered by a flying instructor who was unable to continue teaching as a result of his injuries.
He was also the claimant’s solicitor in Cheung v Zhu (t/a Yang Sing Fish and Chip)  EWHC 2913 (QB): an employer’s liability action where the claimant sustained a spinal cord injury, which is now often cited in ‘slip/trip’ cases.
- First Bn Coldstream Guards 1988-1993;
- Legal department of the GMB Trade Union 1993-1996;
- Eagle Star Insurance (later Zurich) 1996-1999;
- Trained Gorman Hamilton; qualified 2002; Gorman Hamilton Solicitors 1999-2007;
- Watson Burton LLP 2007-2008
- Assistant Solicitor Stewarts 2007-2009; Associate Solicitor Stewarts 2009-2011; Senior Associate Stewarts 2011-2014; Partner Stewarts 2014 to date.
- APIL accredited Spinal Cord Injury Specialist
- APIL accredited Brain Injury Specialist
- APIL accredited Senior Litigator
- Member of the APIL Military Claims Special Interest Group
- Secretary Headway Forces Support Group
Whickham Fellside Comprehensive; Northumbria University (1999 LLB Hons 2(2)); 2001 LPC commendation.
Stewarts Law LLP is ‘without doubt a market leader for serious injury litigation in Yorkshire.’ Jointly led by Frank Pinch and Daniel Herman, it maintains a strong reputation for its work in the catastrophic injury and clinical negligence spaces. The group is regularly instructed on complex life-changing issues including spinal cord and brain injuries as well as amputations, severe orthopaedic and neurological injuries. It has experience litigating cases both in England and overseas and stands out for its ‘Rolls Royce service’ and ‘exceptional client care’. The team has an impressive pool of senior associates, including the ‘outstanding’ Gabrielle Ross, Anna Higham, and former nurse Amy Fielding. Ben Townsend and Warren Maxwell are also recommended; the former has experience in equestrian cases.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire