Christopher Deacon > Stewarts Law LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Stewarts Law LLP Offices
5 NEW STREET SQUARE
- Go to...
Chris is a specialist international injury lawyer who throughout his career has acted almost exclusively for the victims of accidents abroad and in disputes with tour operators, hotels, travel providers and insurers. He is ranked as a leading travel lawyer in both Chambers and The Legal 500. Chambers 2018 commented “a rising star and all-round class act; he puts the extra 10% on top of the 100%.”
Chris represents clients following serious international accidents, usually UK residents injured overseas but also foreign nationals who sustain life-changing injuries in the UK. Fluent in French, his background in international law means he is well placed to advise in relation to claims arising from incidents across the globe. He has written, presented and advised on the implications of Brexit for international injury claims.
Chris studied European and French law at the University of Warwick and Lille II, France. He trained at Blake Lapthorn, qualifying into travel litigation before moving to Stewarts in 2013.
Chris is an APIL accredited accidents abroad specialist and assessor. He is a member of the Travel and Tourism Lawyers Association, APIL and PEOPIL, and secretary to the APIL International Special Interest Group.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Stewarts Law LLP is regarded as ‘an outstanding law firm‘ for international injury claims, with clients extolling its efficiency and resources. The firm represents only clients with severely disabling injuries, with its lawyers handling a limited number of cases to allow for a more thorough service. In the aviation industry, they are market leading, acting for families in 73% of all major aviation disasters on international flights including the death of over fifty passengers. Julian Chamberlayne, described as ‘the finest international personal injury lawyer of his generation,’ heads the aviation and international injury team; other notable individuals include Sarah Stewart, praised for her ‘wealth of experience,’ Scott Rigby, a partner of 16 years described as ‘clever, meticulous, and astute’ and ‘travel law star‘ Christopher Deacon, a phenomenally capable individual’. Recently the team has acted for the families of victims killed in Shoreham airshow disaster and continues to work on the ongoing inquest.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Transport > Travel
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Insurance > Insurance litigation: for policyholders