Marc Jones > Stewarts Law LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Stewarts Law LLP Offices
5 NEW STREET SQUARE
- Go to...
Partner in the Commercial Litigation department.
Marc specialises in high-value commercial and financial disputes, often involving complex financial products and foreign/offshore jurisdictions.
Marc acts for financial institutions, public and private companies, states and state-entities, and high net worth individuals in complex commercial and financial disputes. His key practice areas include securities litigation, company and shareholder disputes, professional negligence, fraud claims, asset tracing and related injunctions such as freezing orders.
Trained Ashurst, qualified 1999; assistant solicitor Ashurst 1999-2006; solicitor, Russell Jones & Walker 2007-09; senior associate, Stewarts Law 2009 to date; partner 2013.
- International Bar Association
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Association International Jeunesse Avocat
University of Oxford (1991-95, BA, law; BCL, law); Inns of Court School of Law (1995-96).
IBB (Iliffes Booth Bennett) frequently acts for UK subsidiaries of global companies, particularly in the charities, construction, technology, and automotive industries, advising on difficult employment and HR issues such as redundancy projects, discrimination matters, and personal employment issues relating to high-net-worth individuals. It has also seen an increase in IR25 work. Practice leader Justin Govier advises US clients and UK subsidiaries on global strategic plans, while Marc Jones, Ed Marchant, and Richard Devall are recommended.
Litigation-only firm Stewarts Law LLP stands out for its ‘fearless, intelligent, tactical‘ approach to bringing claims, including class actions and group litigation, against large corporates and financial institutions. Described as ‘a Rottweiler of a litigator‘, practice head Clive Zietman has expertise across fraud, insurance, banking and professional negligence claims; Sean Upson has ‘fantastic eye for detail‘ in financial services and fraud litigation while Ian Gatt QC adds a breadth of experience in disputes across the UK, Middle East and Asia. The group has strong securities litigation expertise, for which the ‘innovative and unflappable‘ Fiona Gillett and Laura Jenkins are key contacts, while Marc Jones and Elaina Bailes are other names to note for fraud and asset tracing matters.
Litigation-only firm Stewarts Law LLP is known for bringing claims against major banks and financial institutions, including complex securities litigation. According to clients, the group ‘punches far above its weight in terms of quality of services and the talent it attracts in partners‘, as well as attracting praise for its ‘strong brand and great value for money‘. The ‘commercially-minded‘ Clive Zietman leads the practice, which fields Sean Upson (who is ‘a brilliant mind and a great litigator‘), Keith Thomas, David Hughes, Paul Brehony and Fiona Gillett and Marc Jones, who are both ‘able to grasp the technical aspects of the case quickly‘. Other names to note include junior partners Elaina Bailes, Lucy Ward and Laura Jenkins and senior associate Joe Mitchell.
- Banking litigation: investment and retail - London > Dispute resolution
- Commercial litigation: premium - London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Transport > Travel