Beverley Whittaker > Stevens & Bolton LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Stevens & Bolton LLP Offices
- Go to...
Commercial, outsourcing and IT.
Partner handling commercial contracts and advice. Principal contract areas are IT; outsourcing; manufacturing; agency and distribution; promotion/marketing. Principal advisory areas are data protection and advertising regulation. Also involved in client training programmes.
Trained Ladbroke Group Plc; qualified 1985; assistant solicitor Lovells 1985-94 and 1996-99; solicitor at Mercury Communications Ltd 1995-96; Stevens & Bolton LLP 2000; partner 2000.
Society for Computers and Law; Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
Cheadle Grammar School; Manchester University (1982 LLB); Chester College of Law.
Walking, films, family.
Stevens & Bolton LLP is home to one of the region’s largest IT teams that serves clients from a wide range of sectors. The firm maintains strong links with the University of Surrey’s technology incubator, giving it a notable presence in the start-up and emerging technologies sector. Beverley Whittaker heads the team and has significant expertise in IT contracts, while managing associate Charles Maurice is also a key member of the team.
Stevens & Bolton LLP, which is considered ‘pre-eminent‘ in the market, can mobilise large, multi-disciplinary teams that provide expertise in areas from tax to competition issues. Its clients range from owner-managed to private equity and international businesses. James Waddell heads the corporate offering, while Beverley Whittaker leads on the commercial side. Richard Baxter is experienced in mergers, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and fundraisings, while Keith Syson‘s expertise lies in company law.
Stevens & Bolton LLP has particular experience in the retail, food and drink, travel, life sciences and utilities sectors. In addition, the firm has expertise in technology-related issues and agreements. Beverley Whittaker leads the practice and works on a range of contracts, including procurement, supply of services, commercial and marketing arrangements.
Stevens & Bolton LLP‘s Guildford-based group has a client roster, which ranges from start-ups to established technology companies and also includes businesses which utilise technology. Practice head Beverley Whittaker has experience handling IT contracts for outsourced services, cloud arrangements and software development and licensing matters, while Gary Parnell excels in the IT and insurance sectors. Other names to note include Beverley Flynn, who leads the data protection practice; IP expert Tom Lingard and litigator Michael Frisby. Managing associate Charles Maurice, who combines IT and IP expertise, has notable outsourcing expertise.
- Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex - South East > Corporate and commercial
- IT and telecoms - South East > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Human resources > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport