James Waddell > Stevens & Bolton LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Stevens & Bolton LLP Offices
- Go to...
Corporate partner and head of corporate and commercial group. James deals with a wide range of corporate, corporate finance and related regulatory work, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, private equity transactions, joint ventures and corporate governance issues. He acts for some of the firm’s larger corporate clients as well as the owners of high growth companies across a number of sectors, from incorporation through to exit. His sector experience includes technology, financial services and outsourcing/distribution.
Trained Macfarlanes; qualified 1999; joined Stevens & Bolton LLP in 2001; partner since 2007.
Kings School, Canterbury; Durham University.
Family, fly-fishing, tennis.
London > Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
Guildford-based Stevens & Bolton LLP advises local, national and, increasingly, international clients across a broad range of sectors, with technology, insurance and education especially noted over the past year. The firm leverages itself against regional competition with a network of international partner firms, which allows the team to compete with London-based firms on cross-border mandates. Although the firm counts a number of larger corporate clients, it retains a strong standing acting for owner-managed businesses and entrepreneurs. James Waddell heads the corporate and commercial department.
South East > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
Stevens & Bolton LLP, which is considered ‘pre-eminent‘ in the market, can mobilise large, multi-disciplinary teams that provide expertise in areas from tax to competition issues. Its clients range from owner-managed to private equity and international businesses. James Waddell heads the corporate offering, while Beverley Whittaker leads on the commercial side. Richard Baxter is experienced in mergers, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and fundraisings, while Keith Syson‘s expertise lies in company law.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Human resources > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport