Richard King > Stevens & Bolton LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Stevens & Bolton LLP Offices
- Go to...
Managing Partner and partner within the dispute resolution department. Practice areas: commercial litigation, arbitration, cross-border disputes, shareholder claims and risk management advice.
Articled Church Adams Tatham & Co 1986-88; qualified 1986; solicitor Denton Hall 1988-93; partner Stevens & Bolton LLP 1994; CEDR-accredited mediator.
University College, London (1981 BA Hons).
Music, family, scuba diving.
Guildford-based Stevens & Bolton LLP has ‘an excellent, hardworking commercial litigation team‘. It advises on joint venture disputes, warranty claims, and shareholder and partnership issues. Other areas include trading disputes, fraud, bribery, professional negligence claims and contentious trusts. Richard Mumford, who left for REN Legal, was replaced as team head by Sarah Murray in 2019. Managing partner Richard King, Michael Frisby and Andrew Quick are also key advisers. James Lister was promoted to the partnership.(Hall of Fame)
One of the largest regional teams, Stevens & Bolton LLP‘s disputes resolution group takes on large-scale litigation and international arbitration. It serves clients in myriad sectors and includes those that are USA-based. Its work also encompasses advising on commercial disputes in areas such as trading disputes, shareholder actions, fraud and negligence. Team head Sarah Murray acts for well-known, international retail clients and Richard Mumford focuses on the aviation sector. Michael Frisby and Richard King provide a wealth of experience in both litigation and arbitration and Andrew Quick has expertise in professional negligence and franchising disputes.
- Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex - South East > Dispute resolution
- Hall of Fame - South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Leading individuals - South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Human resources > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport