Chris Dexter > BLM > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
42 KING STREET WEST
- Go to...
Partner – Defendant Healthcare – specialising in the defence of medical and dental claims, clinical claims in the care setting and prison healthcare. Also instructed in respect of alleged breaches of the Human Rights Act in a healthcare context.
Trained at RadcliffesLeBrasseur in Leeds and shortly following qualification as a solicitor in 2006 moved to Hempsons Manchester in January 2007. Started at BLM in 2009 as an Assistant Solicitor. Associate in 2009. Partner 2017.
University of Liverpool LLB (Hons) 2001; LPC Chester College of Law 2004
Baking, Playing Clarinet and Saxophone, Gym, Travel - especially in France
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners: Clinical Negligence)
BLM‘s defendant clinical negligence practice is known for its expertise in delay of diagnosis of cancer claims, surgical claims (particularly neurosurgery), wrongful birth, brain injury claims, dental negligence and ophthalmic treatments. Sarah Woodwark heads the practice. Chris Dexter is particularly recommended for claims in a prison healthcare context. The firm’s personal injury department handles occupational disease claims, catastrophic injury, abuse claims, and employers’ liability claims. The department has a dedicated motor practice. Jonathan Clay, Joanne Francis, Simon Jones and Stuart Furniss head the team, which also includes Ruth Graham, Andrew Kerr, David Spencer and Lauren Gosnell, as well as ‘thorough and clever‘ associate Nicola Overmire.
- Next Generation Partners: Clinical Negligence - North West > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant