David Spencer > BLM > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
2 New Bailey Square
Stanley Street, Salford
- Go to...
Partner dealing with catastrophic and fatal injury litigation arising from EL, PL, RTA and sports. Panel solicitor for liability claims involving the UK governing bodies of 2 and 4 wheeled motorsport, and other national sporting and recreational associations. Heads the Sports Practice Group and responsible for coordinating BLM’s Sports Law offering. Regular speaker at customer and client events on claims handling, liability and civil procedure.
Qualified 1998; partner BLM 2008 to date.
FOIL (Sports SFT)
Manchester Metropolitan University (LLB Hons, Dip. LP)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Personal Injury)
The clinical negligence team at BLM deals with a full range of claims involving alleged delay in diagnosis of cancer, surgical claims, wrongful birth and brain and spinal injury claims. Manchester healthcare head Sarah Woodwark heads the clinical negligence practice group, other specialisms of which include opthalmic treatments, cosmetic procedures and dental claims, where Chris Dexter is noted. Jonathan Clay, Joanne Francis and Stuart Furniss head the personal injury team, which has a uniformly strong offering across occupational illness and disease, catastrophic injury, abuse, employers’ and public liability and motor claims. Ruth Graham, Andrew Kerr, David Spencer and Lauren Gosnell are all noted, as is associate Nicola Overmire.
- Leading individuals: Personal Injury - North West > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant