Sarah Cartlidge > BLM > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
42 KING STREET WEST
- Go to...
- I have 21 years’ of experience in the personal injury field: eight and a half years as claimant representative and the remainder as a defendant representative.
- I have been a qualified solicitor for almost 17 years and with BLM for over 12 years.
- I specialise in credit hire and have been dealing with credit hire cases for the majority of my career
- I undertook a nine month secondment with a leading insurer advising on credit hire procedure and strategy.
- I qualified as a barrister having undertaken the Bar Vocational Court at the Inns of Court School of Law.
- In 1999 I commenced work within a solicitors firm and completed the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test in 2003, later being admitted in November 2003.
- I am the author of credit hire chapter in Bingham and Berrymans.
- I am a member of the FOIL (Credit Hire) Sector Focus Team.
Called to the Bar (Middle Temple) 1999 and undertook the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test in 2003 following four years working in Brown Dunne & Gray, Altrincham. Paralegal then solicitor at Brown Dunne & Gray formerly Browns Solicitors, Altrincham 1999-2006, solicitor at Anthony Hodari & Co 2006 – 2008, solicitor, associate then partner at Berrymans Lace Mawer 2008 to date. Initially dealing with motor, EL and PL claims on behalf of claimants, specialising in motor claims from 2006 and adapting to dealing with motor claims on behalf of defendants/insurers from 2008. Partner in present firm 2013. Publications of note: Author of Credit Hire Chapter of Binghams & Berrymans.
Basic French and German.
FOIL Motor (Credit Hire) Sector Focus Team.
Tudhoe Grange Comprehensive School; Durham Sixth Form College; University of Manchester attained, LLB Law (Hons) 2:1, 1998; Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Legal Skills from Inns of Court School of Law. Grade very competent, attained 1999.
Season Ticket Holder at Manchester United Football Club.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant