Helen Devery > BLM > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
42 KING STREET WEST
- Go to...
National regulatory practice.
- I am experienced in the most serious offences of corporate and gross negligence manslaughter.
- I represent clients on major inquests.
- I spent four years seconded to a global broker firm and am a highly experienced trainer in liability risk management.
- I am one of the pioneers of the benchmarking group that analyses best practice across sectors and work types.
- I work closely with the industry focus groups within BLM.
- I am a First-tier Tribunal Judge sitting in the Mental Health Tribunals
- I am ranked as a leading individual in the Legal 500 2019/20
- I was a finalist in the 2019 Women in Insurance awards
BLM 1994 to date; partner 2002.
French; conversational Spanish.
St Bedes College, Manchester; Leicester University.
Running, creative writing, travel.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
BLM has strength in sectors including manufacturing, construction and care, handling complex fatal accident investigations and high profile inquests for public and private sector clients alike. The team also offers a 24-hour helpline for immediate post-incident advice, encompassing attendance at site and legal advice representation. Practice head Helen Devery focuses on defending companies and individuals in investigations and prosecutions. David Rainey was promoted to partner in May 2018.
BLM recently strengthened its team with the addition of Peter James, who joined from Harrison Clark Rickerbys. James. who is an expert in corporate and gross negligence manslaughter case, now heads the London team, working in tandem with Manchester-based national head Helen Devery. Devery also has a strong track record on manslaughter cases.
- Health and safety - North West > Human resources
- Leading individuals - North West > Human resources > Health and safety
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Construction