Andrew Kerr > BLM > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
42 KING STREET WEST
- Go to...
- Andrew is a partner in the catastrophic injury department specialising in catastrophic and large loss claims.
- He is a named individual for a number of insurers on their select panels to handle their highest value cases and currently manages a portfolio of claims with a combined value in excess of £150million.
- Andrew has many years experience acting exclusively for insurers, corporate policy holders and local authorities handling claims of the utmost severity and complexity.
- His caseload comprises public liability, employers’ liability and motor claims, especially brain injuries, severe spinal injuries and amputations with expertise in handling infant brain injury claims.
- He also has experience with insolvency (corporate and recovery) and professional negligence as well as disease claims.
- Andrew has written a number of articles commenting on legal issues and developments and regularly provides seminars and training for insurers, policyholders and clients.
- Aside from supervising and mentoring team members he manages a team of junior lawyers who assist on cases.
Trained Cobbett Leak Almond; qualified 1992; Mace & Jones 1992-97; James Chapman (now Halliwells) 1997-2007, partner 2002; partner BLM 2007 to date.
St Hugh’s College, Nottingham; Manchester University (1989 LLB Hons); Chester College of Law (1990).
Reading, walking, music, art galleries, Formula 1, boxing.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Personal Injury)
BLM‘s defendant clinical negligence practice is known for its expertise in delay of diagnosis of cancer claims, surgical claims (particularly neurosurgery), wrongful birth, brain injury claims, dental negligence and ophthalmic treatments. Sarah Woodwark heads the practice. Chris Dexter is particularly recommended for claims in a prison healthcare context. The firm’s personal injury department handles occupational disease claims, catastrophic injury, abuse claims, and employers’ liability claims. The department has a dedicated motor practice. Jonathan Clay, Joanne Francis, Simon Jones and Stuart Furniss head the team, which also includes Ruth Graham, Andrew Kerr, David Spencer and Lauren Gosnell, as well as ‘thorough and clever‘ associate Nicola Overmire.
- Leading individuals: Personal Injury - North West > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant