Sarah Woodwark > BLM > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
42 KING STREET WEST
- Go to...
Sarah is a partner and Head of BLM’s national healthcare team . Her specialist area is primarily high value clinical negligence claims brought against doctors and dentists, and public and independent inquiries.
She has many years’ experience in handling clinical negligence claims and has handled a wide variety of cases over her career, including cases involving brain and spinal injury, obstetric, paediatric and cancer cases. Prior to qualifying into the legal profession Sarah was a staff nurse at York District Hospital. This invaluable experience has assisted her throughout her practice and brings a pragmatic and insightful approach to her work.
Trained Sharpe Pritchard; qualified 1991; Oxley Coward/Wansbrough Willey Hargrave, Sheffield; Radcliffes Le Brasseur 1997; partner 2001; partner BLM 2007.
Whitby School; registered general nurse (1984); University of Sheffield (1988 Law BA Hons); College of Law, Lancaster Gate (1989 Solicitors’ Finals).
Antiques, films, walking, gardening
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence)
BLM‘s defendant clinical negligence practice is known for its expertise in delay of diagnosis of cancer claims, surgical claims (particularly neurosurgery), wrongful birth, brain injury claims, dental negligence and ophthalmic treatments. Sarah Woodwark heads the practice. Chris Dexter is particularly recommended for claims in a prison healthcare context. The firm’s personal injury department handles occupational disease claims, catastrophic injury, abuse claims, and employers’ liability claims. The department has a dedicated motor practice. Jonathan Clay, Joanne Francis, Simon Jones and Stuart Furniss head the team, which also includes Ruth Graham, Andrew Kerr, David Spencer and Lauren Gosnell, as well as ‘thorough and clever‘ associate Nicola Overmire.
- Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence - North West > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant