Sarah Woodwark > BLM > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
2 New Bailey Square
Stanley Street, Salford
- Go to...
Sarah is a partner and Head of BLM’s national healthcare team . Her specialist area is primarily high value clinical negligence claims brought against doctors and dentists, and public and independent inquiries.
She has many years’ experience in handling clinical negligence claims and has handled a wide variety of cases over her career, including cases involving brain and spinal injury, obstetric, paediatric and cancer cases. Prior to qualifying into the legal profession Sarah was a staff nurse at York District Hospital. This invaluable experience has assisted her throughout her practice and brings a pragmatic and insightful approach to her work.
Trained Sharpe Pritchard; qualified 1991; Oxley Coward/Wansbrough Willey Hargrave, Sheffield; Radcliffes Le Brasseur 1997; partner 2001; partner BLM 2007.
Whitby School; registered general nurse (1984); University of Sheffield (1988 Law BA Hons); College of Law, Lancaster Gate (1989 Solicitors’ Finals).
Antiques, films, walking, gardening
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence)
The clinical negligence team at BLM deals with a full range of claims involving alleged delay in diagnosis of cancer, surgical claims, wrongful birth and brain and spinal injury claims. Manchester healthcare head Sarah Woodwark heads the clinical negligence practice group, other specialisms of which include opthalmic treatments, cosmetic procedures and dental claims, where Chris Dexter is noted. Jonathan Clay, Joanne Francis and Stuart Furniss head the personal injury team, which has a uniformly strong offering across occupational illness and disease, catastrophic injury, abuse, employers’ and public liability and motor claims. Ruth Graham, Andrew Kerr, David Spencer and Lauren Gosnell are all noted, as is associate Nicola Overmire.
- Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence - North West > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant