James Beresford > BLM > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
42 KING STREET WEST
- Go to...
James lecturespost-graduate students at BBP Law School, in addition to other solicitors on Wills and estate administration matters for the Solicitors Group and MBL seminars. He is the author of “No Will – no say. A simple guide to Wills and Estate Planning”, published in 2017 by Wilkinson Publishing.
2018 to date – Partner at BLM and launched Private Wealth department.
Pre 2018 – National Practice Group Leader and Head of the Wills, Trusts, Tax and Probate department at Slater and Gordon Lawyers based out of both Manchester and London offices.
Full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitoners (STEP)
BA (Hons) Law and Criminology – University of Sheffield
At BLM, the growing team of private wealth specialists advises ultra-high-net-worth individuals, trustees and family businesses on intricate inheritance tax and estate planning measures; wills, LPAs, asset protection and probate are other areas of focus. The firm’s instructions in this space are increasingly underpinned by complex cross-border estates. Headed up by James Beresford, who has an ‘excellent grasp of the law‘, the team is also particularly active in advising families with disabled children and vulnerable individuals.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant