James Beresford > BLM > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
2 New Bailey Square
Stanley Street, Salford
- Go to...
James lecturespost-graduate students at BBP Law School, in addition to other solicitors on Wills and estate administration matters for the Solicitors Group and MBL seminars. He is the author of “No Will – no say. A simple guide to Wills and Estate Planning”, published in 2017 by Wilkinson Publishing.
2018 to date – Partner at BLM and launched Private Wealth department.
Pre 2018 – National Practice Group Leader and Head of the Wills, Trusts, Tax and Probate department at Slater and Gordon Lawyers based out of both Manchester and London offices.
Full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitoners (STEP)
BA (Hons) Law and Criminology – University of Sheffield
BLM provides its client base of high-net-worth individuals with comprehensive advice on estate planning, including assistance with asset protection, tax mitigation and succession planning. The team is adept at advising on estates with complicating aspects, such as vulnerable beneficiaries and the need to guard against potential claims. Practice head James Beresford is also active in estate administration; his recent work in this area encompasses estates involving disputed wills and interstacy.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant