Sarah de Ste Croix > Stephenson Harwood > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Stephenson Harwood Offices
1 FINSBURY CIRCUS
- Go to...
Sarah de Ste Croix
Sarah is a partner in the private equity team specialising in the establishment and operation of closed-ended investment funds.
Sarah has over a decade of experience advising both general partners and investors on the establishment and day-to-day operation of private investment funds, managed accounts and co-investment platforms across multiple strategies.
Sarah is also an experienced advisor on fund restructurings, roll-overs, secondaries sales and GP-led liquidity restructurings.
Sarah recently advised the entire investor base of an active UK headquartered fund on the removal of its general partner and manager.
Sarah spent a significant proportion of her career gaining first-hand experience in-house as fundraising counsel to Actis.
Prior to joining Stephenson Harwood, she worked at EY as legal lead of private funds.
“Sarah was an integral part of our fundraising capability at Actis. She was an enthusiastic and diligent team player and a trusted advisor on all aspects of the set up and operation of our suite of funds.” Neil Brown, Partner, Head of Investor Development Group, Actis LLP
Stephenson Harwood has a strong specialism in secondary funds work, including GP-led secondaries, fund restructurings, and recapitalisation. The team also advises on fundraises for a number of funds, particularly infrastructure-focused bodies, and has particular expertise in continuity transactions, involving the sale of fund assets to new funds from the same manager. The team is led by Jonathan Pittal, a private equity specialist, while Gabriel Boghossian is highly active in the secondaries space. Sarah de Ste Croix has been promoted to partner within the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Investment fund formation and management > Listed funds
- Employment > Pensions: dispute resolution
- Transport > Rail
- Transport > Aviation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Investment fund formation and management > Real estate funds
- Employment > Senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Dispute resolution > Mediators
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Real estate > Property finance
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport