Mr Sahil Aggarwal > Major Family Law > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Major Family Law Offices
12 WEST ROAD
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Mr Sahil Aggarwal
Solicitor at Major Family Law
Sahil is an experienced and approachable family solicitor originally from Newcastle. He works on all family matters involving divorce, financial relief, nuptial agreements, domestic abuse and child arrangements. He trained at a Legal 500 ranked specialist family law firm in the South and went on to practice in a widely respected Tier 1 London based firm before returning back to Newcastle.
Sahil also has had particular experience with same-sex cases ranging from representing a mother in a unique case involving a dispute over contact between her biological daughter and her gay ex-partner to representing a gay couple who sought parental responsibility for a non-biological child they looked after.
- Moore Barlow LLP: Oct 2018 – Jan 2021: Solicitor
- K J Smith Solicitors: 2015 – Sep 2018: Solicitor
- Dosh Advocacy: Mar 2014 – Feb 2015: Advocate
Sahil studied Law at the University of Leicester before qualifying as a Chartered Legal Executive and completing the LPC at London Metropolitan University.
- London Metropolitan University, 2016 – 2017|: Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Legal Practice – Distinction
- City, University of London, 2013 – 2014: Master of Laws, LLM, Law, Distinction
- City, University of London, 2012 – 2013: Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Legal Skills – Very Competent
- University of Leicester, 2009 – 2012: Bachelor of Laws – LLB, 2:1
Sahil loves travelling and is a big foodie, the two hobbies seem to go hand in hand as he loves trying new cuisines whenever and wherever he goes on holiday.
Highly regarded boutique firm Major Family Law has continued its trajectory of team growth; in March 2020 the team welcomed Stephanie Layton, formerly of Hay & Kilner, and in January 2021 Sahil Aggarwal joined the group from London-based firm Moore Barlow. They join an established offering, which includes founder and managing director Joanne Major, ‘stand-out individual‘ Anna Hunter, ‘outstanding performer‘ Lucinda Connell, commercial specialist Jonathan Dunkley and noted associate Sam Carter. The practice is equally versed in complex work relating to divorce, children and financial issues arising out of relationship breakdowns, and several of the practitioners have extensive experience of assisting with cases relating to international relocation of children.