David Jacobs > Tees Law > Bishop's Stortford, England > Lawyer Profile
Tees Law Offices
95 London Road
- Go to...
Personal injury; family.
David has worked in the field of personal injury law since qualifying more than 30 years ago. His experience includes claimant and defendant personal injury work. Experience with complicated and serious claims, including paraplegia and brain injury cases.
Recent cases include: paraplegia case to Court of Appeal on liability damages in excess of £1m; ongoing brain damage case (likely damages £800,000-£1m).
Trained Sternberg Reed 1979-81; qualified 1981; assistant Sternberg Reed 1981-85; Redmayne Wyatt & Kershaw 1986; partner 1988; partner Tees Law 2001. Consultant Tees from 2019
Law Society Personal Injury Panel; Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
Forest School, Snaresbrook; Queen Mary College, London (1977 LLB Hons); College of Law, Lancaster Gate (1977-78).
Reading, swimming, walking, other exercise.
The ‘dedicated and expert‘ practice at Tees Law provides expertise on both clinical negligence and personal injury matters for clients. David Jacobs has over thirty-five years of experience in this personal injury space, and leads a team which handles claims relating to historic sexual abuse and road traffic accidents. Formerly at McMillan Williams, Gwyneth Munjoma is the key name for clinical negligence, having ‘unparalleled’ expertise in obstetric claims due to her background in midwifery. The clinical negligence team has expanded with Craig Knightley who joined from Attwaters Jameson Hill Solicitors. Cambridge-based Janine Collier is the overall head of the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Essex
- Private client > Family: Essex
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Essex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Essex
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Essex
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Essex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Public sector