Clare Pilsworth > Tees Law > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Tees Law Offices
- Go to...
Partner and Head of the Cambridge Office
Clare is a partner at Tees, with over 20 years’ experience specialising in family and divorce law. Clare covers all aspects of family law including divorce and separation, financial issues, children, nuptial agreements and cohabitation cases.
Clare’s clients are often going through very challenging personal situations – her focus is on securing favourable, and practical solutions for her clients following the breakdown of their relationship.
Clare’s areas of expertise include:
- The financial effects of separation or divorce: the financial implications of divorce can be complex, such as splitting or protecting pensions and business interests. She helps her clients protect their interests and always aims to secure the best possible result in their circumstances.
- Arrangements for children after divorce/separation: she advises on arrangements for children after separation to make sure that the family’s needs can be in the best interests of the children, school age in particular
- Legal advice before getting married, and legal advice for unmarried couples: she advises on relationship issues prior to marriage, including pre-nuptial (and post-nuptial) agreements and cohabitation agreements.
Clare undertakes family mediation – an alternative to traditional divorce proceedings. Mediation encourages communication between divorcing couples, under the guidance of a specialist mediation solicitor. Clare has experience advising couples through the mediation process, towards a cost-effective settlement agreement which works for both parties.
As a family mediator and collaborative solicitor, she can advise on the best route to take if a client is considering divorce proceedings.
Lawyer and partner at Curwens Solicitors (1993- 2016); partner at Woodfines Solicitors (2016- 2018); partner at Tees (2018 onwards); head of Cambridge office (2021 onwards).
Resolution (formerly the Solicitors Family Law Association) and the Family Mediation Council.
LPC, De Montfort University
The family law practice at Tees Law in Cambridge ‘goes above and beyond to fully understand every aspect of your case‘. Practice head Clare Pilsworth ‘inspires confidence and has grounded solutions which she conveys clearly with no jargon‘. She is currently resolving financial matters through a collaborative process where the assets are valued at over £9m. Solicitor Francesca Skakel, who is ‘commercially-minded, yet empathetic‘, is handling a divorce and financial proceedings with issues arising in children matters, non-molestation and occupation orders.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media, entertainment and sport
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge