Catherine Mowat > Tees Law > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Tees Law Offices
- Go to...
Catherine is Partner in the private client department, leading the Cambridge team, specialising in wills, estate planning and administration, trust creation and management, Court of Protection and powers of attorney, acts as professional deputy. She has particular expertise in succession and estate planning for rural clients.
Trained at Tees Law; qualified 2000; Associate 2003; Partner 2007; Senior Partner 2021.
Law Society probate section.
Coopers’ Company and Coborn School; University of Greenwich, LLB Hons (2:1), 1994-1997; Nottingham Law School, LPC, 1997 – 1998; Nottingham Trent, MBA in Legal Practice Management (Distinction), 2005-2008 .
Music, in particular singing in two local choirs.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
‘The entire team have such a wide range of expertise and knowledge, and I felt as though they were always working with my best interests in mind‘, remarks a client of Tees Law. The firm has a diverse client base that includes high-net-worth individuals, members of the House of Lords, academics, business owners, farmers and landowners. Practice head and senior partner Catherine Mowat is ‘very knowledgeable and able to deal with complicated issues‘. Associates Chris Claxton-Shirley (who is ‘highly efficient, thoughtful, humane and extremely good at what he does‘) and STEP member Heather Fuff also play central roles in the practice.
Tees Law in Cambridge is known for ‘attention to detail, prompt response to queries and questions and understanding clients needs‘. Senior partner Catherine Mowat and ‘very professional and approachable‘ associate Alex Waples lead the Cambridge agriculture and estates practice. Mowat assists private landowners and farming families with the administration of complex rural estates and succession planning, as well as wills and powers of attorney. Waples, who leads the rural property team along with partner James Dowson, predominantly handles farm and land disposals and acquisitions, leasehold arrangements, diversification projects, renewables and farming partnership agreements for individual farmers, farming partnerships and corporate entities, as well as landed estates.
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Agriculture and estates - East Anglia > Private client
- Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge - East Anglia > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media, entertainment and sport
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge