Chris Claxton-Shirley > Tees Law > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Tees Law Offices
- Go to...
Chris is an Associate Solicitor in the Private Client team at Tees. He can assist with a range of issues including court of protection work, creation and administration of trusts, estate & tax planning, lasting powers of attorney, registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney, Wills and probate.
Consultant at Citizens Advice 2016; Trainee solicitor at Tees law 2016-2018; Qualified as Solicitor in September 2018; Promoted to Associate Solicitor in April 2021. Chris is also a Trustee for Cambridge Citizens Advice.
Committee member of the Law Society’s Private Client Advisory Committee; Admitted by the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) as a Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP); full member of Solicitors For The Elderly (SFE).
BA Hons in French & Hispanic Studies from Kings College London 2010-2014 (2:1); Graduate Diploma in Law from The University of Law 2014-2015 (commendation); LPC with LLM in Professional Legal Practice 2015-2016 (distinction); STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates 2019 – 2021 (distinction)
Outside of work Chris enjoys travelling and spending time with his friends and family.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
‘The entire team have such a wide range of expertise and knowledge, and I felt as though they were always working with my best interests in mind‘, remarks a client of Tees Law. The firm has a diverse client base that includes high-net-worth individuals, members of the House of Lords, academics, business owners, farmers and landowners. Practice head and senior partner Catherine Mowat is ‘very knowledgeable and able to deal with complicated issues‘. Associates Chris Claxton-Shirley (who is ‘highly efficient, thoughtful, humane and extremely good at what he does‘) and STEP member Heather Fuff also play central roles in the practice.
- Rising stars - East Anglia > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge - East Anglia > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media, entertainment and sport
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge