Graeme Atkinson > Tees Law > Chelmsford, England > Lawyer Profile
Tees Law Offices
Victoria Road South
- Go to...
Graeme qualified as a solicitor in 1983 and specialises in commercial property work. It would be fair to say he tends to handle the complex and unusual transactions. Quite often the sale or purchase will involve several parties and negotiation with two or three firms of solicitors, an accountant, banker and surveyor.
In recent years he has increasingly worked with insolvency practitioners on time critical disposals.
Since 1995 he has been responsible for a portfolio of telecom contracts. He has seen this business sector grow and the contractual provisions become more complicated. This area of work requires close attention to detail and a careful review strategy carried out in conjunction with the client’s surveyor.
Graeme acts for several small development companies typically building developments of up to 10 houses or apartments.
He has also built up quite a client base in the leisure sector with pub owners, hoteliers, nightclub owners and owners of golf clubs. Graeme acts for two local golf clubs owned by their members and a football club playing at the highest level of non-league football.
Trainee, Stamp Wortley & Co (later Wortley Redmayne and Kershaw), 1983; Assistant Solicitor, Partner 1986; Solicitor, Tees Law, 2011; Consultant, Tees Law, 2019 – present
Matthew Humberstone School, 1969-1976; Chelmer Institute Chelmsford (now Anglia Ruskin University), BA (Hons) Law (2:1), 1976-1980.
Graeme enjoys classical music, painting, skiing and golf. He is also a school Governor at local primary school.
Split across the firm’s Brentwood, Chelmsford and Saffron Walden bases, the overall team at Tees Law is headed up by Aaron Cane, who specialises in complex property development work and regeneration projects. Commercial property generalist Jane Winfield leads the Brentwood team and counts property finance, landlord and tenant, and commercial conveyancing mandates among her key areas of practice. Undertaking work which requires collaboration with the dispute resolution team is another core element of the practice. Graeme Atkinson and James Dowson lead the Chelmsford and Saffron Walden teams respectively.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Essex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Essex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Essex
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Essex
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Essex
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Essex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Public sector