Ian Johnston > Tees Law > Chelmsford, England > Lawyer Profile
Tees Law Offices
Victoria Road South
- Go to...
Specialising in Private Client law, Ian’s workload includes advising on Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorneys and succession planning. He is approached regularly in assisting business owners and farming clients in planning for the future and ensuring the passing of assets between generations. He regularly advises farming families on how to structure their business interests to ensure that their farming assets pass through the family as they would want. He specialises in dealing with complex Probate matters, and has been recognised as leading on several new complex farming probates.
Trainee, Holmes and Hills, 2005-2007; Solicitor, Hill and Abbott, 2007-2010; Solicitor, Tees Law, 2010; Senior Associate , Tees Law, September 201 – present
Law and International History, Keel University, 2001-2004; LPC, College of Law, London, 2004-2005
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Tees Law‘s private client practice spans across offices in Chelmsford, Brentwood, Bishop’s Stortford and Saffron Walden and assists a variety of clients from business owners to farmers. Ian Johnston, who leads the overall Essex team, continues to be recognised for his expertise in the farming community, including advising families on the succession planning of farming interests and dealing with farming estates.
Tees Law’s 30-strong agriculture and land team is spread across six offices in Bishop’s Stortford, Chelmsford, Brentwood, Royston, Saffron Walden and Cambridge. Bishop’s Stortford-based David Miller leads the commercial offering, focusing on property matters, while the private client arm is headed up by Royston-based wills, trusts, tax and probate specialist Letty Glaister, alongside ‘meticulous, friendly and approachable’ litigator Caroline Metcalf in Bishop’s Stortford. Senior associate Ian Johnston, who leads the Chelmsford private client team, is another key name.
- Agriculture and estates - South East > Private client
- Rising stars - South East > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Essex
- Personal tax, trusts and probate: Essex - South East > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Essex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Essex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Essex
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Essex
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Essex
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Essex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Public sector