Ms Monica Yip > WongPartnership LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
WongPartnership LLP Offices
12 MARINA BOULEVARD, LEVEL 28
MARINA BAY FINANCIAL CENTRE TOWER 3
- Go to...
Ms Monica Yip
Corporate Group; Corporate Real Estate Practice; Real Estate Investment Trusts Practice.
Head – Corporate Group;
Partner – Corporate Real Estate, and Real Estate Investment Trusts Practices.
Publication – Co-author of the Singapore chapter of the Chambers Real Estate Guide since the 2017 edition.
Significant transactions that Monica has been involved in include advising / acting for the following:
- ESR Funds Management (S) Limited (the manager of ESR-REIT) in the merger with Viva Industrial Trust by way of a trust scheme of arrangement. At the close of the transaction, the merger valued Viva Industrial Trust at S$936.7 million and created Singapore’s fourth largest industrial REIT with approximately S$3 billion in property assets. This deal won Best Singapore Deal at the FinanceAsia Awards 2018 and M&A Deal of the Year (Midsize) at the ALB SE Asia Law Awards, 2019.
- The successful tenderers and approved developer in the financing of their acquisition of a Hillview Rise residential site through a government land sale with a top bid of S$460 million. The acquisition was made under a dual-envelope system whereby tenderers were required to submit concept proposals as part of the tender.
- The Central Provident Fund (“CPF”) Board in the sale of the CPF Building at 79 Robinson Road, Singapore, to Southernwood Property Pte. Ltd. (a company wholly-owned by the Ascendas-Singbridge group) for S$550 million.
- ESR Funds Management (S) Limited, as manager of ESR-REIT, in the acquisition by RBC Investor Services Trust Singapore Limited, in its capacity as trustee of ESR-REIT, of 80% of the issued and paid-up share capital of 7000 AMK Pte. Ltd. which has a leasehold interest in the land known as 7000 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5, Singapore 569877 (together with the buildings and plant and equipment thereon) for approximately S$240 million.
- The syndicate of mandated lead arrangers, lenders and hedge banks as transaction counsel, in the S$830 million financing to Asia Square Tower 2 Pte. Ltd. for the development of a Grade A office and retail building and a fully-integrated 5-star hotel with entertainment, dining and conference facilities within the heart of the newly-crowned central business hub of Singapore, Marina Bay.
Member, Law Society of Singapore; Singapore Academy of Law.
Admitted, 1990, Singapore Bar; National University of Singapore (LL.B., Hons.).
WongPartnership LLP‘s large-scale resources and expertise is expertly deployed in a range of real estate matters, from commercial and residential acquisitions and disposals, to joint-development projects, and green and sustainability-linked loans. The firm has landed a series of major engagements from ultra high net-worth individuals and family offices in relation to substantial development projects. Dorothy Ng is a hugely experienced real estate specialist and is at the forefront of the practice alongside senior figures Monica Yip, Tan Teck Howe, Serene Soh, Cornelia Fong and Angela Lim.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Financial services regulatory: local firms
- Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Tax: local firms