Mr Teck Howe Tan > WongPartnership LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
WongPartnership LLP Offices
12 MARINA BOULEVARD, LEVEL 28
MARINA BAY FINANCIAL CENTRE TOWER 3
- Go to...
Mr Teck Howe Tan
Corporate Group; Corporate Real Estate Practice; Myanmar Practice.
Partner – Corporate Real Estate and Myanmar Practices.
Extensive experience in property-related work including sales and purchases, property regulatory and advisory work, property investment and management, property development, leases and property-related commercial contracts. His clients include property developers and investors, property funds and REITs, hospitality companies, business space providers, multinationals, government authorities and academic institutions. Prior to joining private practice, Teck Howe was a legal officer and development control planner with the Urban Redevelopment Authority. He also served as a tutor for the Legal Case Studies Negotiations Course conducted by the National University of Singapore. Teck Howe was the co-author of the Singapore chapters in the Real Estate Finance & Investment Review 2014/2015 and Getting the Deal Through – Real Estate, 2011 to 2013 editions.
Publications: Getting The Deal Through – Real Estate – Singapore Chapter 2012 and 2013 editions; Real Estate Finance & Investment Review 2014/15.
Significant transactions that Teck Howe has been involved in include advising / acting for the following:
- CapitaLand Limited in its acquisition of the Ascendas-Singbridge group of companies from Ascendas-Singbridge Pte. Ltd. The deal is valued at S$11 billion and makes CapitaLand the largest diversified real estate group in Asia, with assets under management of S$123.4 billion.
- Resorts World Sentosa and Genting Singapore’s expansion of the Integrated Resort on Sentosa island, Singapore, with the addition of two new themed attractions and two new hotels.
- Deka Singapore Raffles Place LP, a partnership comprising Deka Immobilien Investment GMBH, a unit of Germany’s Deka Group, and Deka Singapore A Pte. Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deka Immobilien, in the sale of Chevron House, a 32-storey commercial development located in the central business district of Singapore, for S$660 million to Oxley Beryl Pte. Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oxley Holdings Limited.
- Manulife Financial Corporation’s purchase of the entire equity stake in DBS China Square Limited which holds the property known as “PwC Building” based on an agreed property value of S$747 million from DBS Bank Ltd.
- DHL Supply Chain Singapore Pte. Ltd., part of the Deutsche Post DHL, in the development and lease of a built-to-suit warehouse, located at Greenwich Drive, Tampines LogisPark, Singapore.
- Changi Airport Group (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. in Project Jewel – a project for the development, construction, lease and management of the iconic aviation-related mixed-use complex at Changi Airport, Singapore, and in the joint venture with CMA Singapore Investment (6) Pte. Ltd. for the project.
Member, Law Society of Singapore; Singapore Academy of Law.
Admitted, 1997, Singapore Bar; Mansfield College, Oxford (BA (Hons) in Jurisprudence).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Financial services regulatory: local firms
- Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Tax: local firms