Mr David Chee > WongPartnership LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
WongPartnership LLP Offices
12 MARINA BOULEVARD, LEVEL 28
MARINA BAY FINANCIAL CENTRE TOWER 3
- Go to...
Mr David Chee
Financial Services Group; Debt Capital Markets Practice; Private Wealth Practice; Middle East Practice.
Partner – Debt Capital Markets, Private Wealth and Middle East Practices.
David’s advises clients on all aspects of wealth and succession planning (which includes wills, trusts, tax, family offices and philanthropy).
Significant transactions that David has been involved in include advising / acting for the following:
- A prominent Singapore company on the establishment of its philanthropic platform which has, to date, donated more than S$2 billion in endowments. He continues to advise the company in connection with the continued activities of the platform.
- Families on the establishment of family office structures to consolidate family assets and corporatise succession. These exercises typically involve the use of private trust companies, offshore trusts, family constitutions and where relevant, applications to the authorities such as the Monetary Authority of Singapore, Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore, Singapore Exchange and Securities Industry Council.
- Structuring and/or restructuring of trust arrangements in response to change in circumstances such as tax laws, relocation of family members, foreign ownership restrictions of property, etc.
- Clients on planned giving, including the setting up and selection of appropriate structures or arrangements to carry out their philanthropic causes locally or overseas.
- Clients on matters relating to the setting up and running of charities in Singapore.
- Charities on regulatory compliance and obligations.
Awards & Accolades
David is recommended as a leading lawyer in private wealth by independent publications such as Chambers High Net Worth Guide and The Legal 500: Asia Pacific – The Client’s Guide to the Asia Pacific Legal Profession. He is also a recommended lawyer in Who’s Who Legal’s South East Asia – Private Client 2022. He was recognised as “Private Client Lawyer of the Year” in 2016 by The Asian Lawyer Emerging Markets and remains one of the world’s top 250 elite lawyers advising ultra-high-net-worth clients by Legal Week’s Private Client Global Elite. David is also an endorsed individual in the area of Trusts and Estates by Best Lawyers International: Singapore 2020. He was also a listed lawyer in Singapore Business Review’s 40 most influential lawyers aged 40 and under in 2018.
Member, Asia Estate Planning Association
Admitted, Singapore Bar; National University of Singapore (LL.B., Hons.)
WongPartnership LLP has a large team dedicated to private wealth and family law matters. It advises a range of private banks, trustee companies and wealthy individuals and is active in succession planning and wealth management issues, including launching and reorganising family offices. Sim Bock Eng has extensive experience in family, matrimonial, succession trusts and probate disputes, and is an expert in succession planning. David Chee is noted for wealth and succession planning engagements, and his knowledge of trust and trustee arrangements. Khoo Yuh Huey has left the firm.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Fintech and financial services regulatory: local firms
- International arbitration
- Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Start-up and venture capital – Local firms