Jamie Cartwright > Charles Russell Speechlys LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Charles Russell Speechlys LLP Offices
ONE LONDON SQUARE, CROSS LANES
- Go to...
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Jamie is a litigator who specialises in commercial and corporate disputes before the courts, in arbitration and by means of alternative dispute resolution (including expert determination). Jamie’s practice is commercially focused. Jamie advises a range of clients (from international car manufacturers and software companies through to SME’s and high net worth individuals) in respect of contract, duty of care and other issues including those arising from the provision of goods and/or services.
Jamie has specialist expertise in respect of claims under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993, automotive industry disputes, consumer focused disputes (from a corporate perspective including, sale of goods, food labelling and food safety) and also technology disputes. Jamie also leads the firm’s debt recovery practice which focuses on high value, complex and disputed debt both in the UK and internationally.
Jamie is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Jointly led by Stephen Burns and Jamie Cartwright, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP’s commercial dispute resolution team in Guildford focuses not only on dispute resolution, but also dispute prevention and risk management. The team has a diverse client base in the corporate and private client sectors in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. With particular expertise in commercial, product, and supply-related disputes, Cartwright has seen a significant increase in product liability and risk work for wider retail clients. Burns is a highly experienced corporate litigator and has acted for many clients involved in High Court litigation or acrimonious disputes at the pre-action stage in the past year. Hugely experienced Guildford office head Duncan Elson is a key name, while Rachel Warren is well regarded for her client management skills, and has played a key role in helping to grow the firm’s business/regulatory crime offering.
With an office in Guildford, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP have a dedicated innovation and knowledge team who are part of the firm’s commercial dispute resolution practice, headed up by Jamie Cartwright. Cartwright has a strong track record in commercial litigation, exemplifying the firm’s abilities in contested and complex debt recovery issues for commercial parties, financial institutions and property clients. The debt recovery practice also regularly handles mandates with an international focus.
- Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex - South East > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals - South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Debt recovery - South East > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation