Richard Norton > Charles Russell Speechlys LLP > Cheltenham, England > Lawyer Profile
Charles Russell Speechlys LLP Offices
- Go to...
Financial services; banking and finance, corporate, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic alliances.
Richard specialises in corporate finance and banking, both for public and private companies. He has detailed knowledge of the listing rules, the AIM rules and the takeover code.
South West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire(Hall of Fame)
Charles Russell Speechlys LLP is adept at advising on complex financings and corporate transactions, including cross-border deals. The practice is particularly active in the private equity space, where it acts for funds, portfolio companies and shareholders on acquisitions and disposals. The team also has a proven track record in handling deals for public companies. Practice head Richard Norton has a broad practice covering transactions and listings, with a particular specialism in matters involving the Middle East. Adrian Mayer and legal director Edward Robinson are recognised for their work on investments into the African market while Jonathan Morley focuses on deals involving private equity funds.
Charles Russell Speechlys LLP’s banking and finance group focuses on international transactions on the one hand and on advising borrowers on the other hand. Based in Cheltenham, the team is led by Richard Norton, who specialises in loan facilities and securities and brings to bear in-depth expertise acting on matters involving the Middle East. Real estate finance is handled by Naomi Nettleton, while legal Director Edward Robinson is frequently sought out for his experience in aircraft security and loans. Daniel Moore was promoted to partner in May 2021 with particular know-how regarding insolvency and distressed situations.
- Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire - South West > Corporate and commercial
- Hall of Fame - South West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Leading individuals - South West > Finance > Banking and finance
- Banking and finance - South West > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Employment > Employment: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate