Mr Yavan Brar > Herrington Carmichael LLP > Berkshire, England > Lawyer Profile
Herrington Carmichael LLP Offices
4 The Courtyard
- Go to...
Mr Yavan Brar
Corporate and Commercial
Yavan was appointed as Managing Partner on 1 October 2019. He established the corporate and commercial department in 2008 concentrating on supporting businesses and their commercial requirements. Having built a team of expert corporate and commercial lawyers with a wide range of industry specialisms, Yavan is able to offer pragmatic solutions to complex legal problems.
Yavan, a technically able expert, has extensive experience advising on M&A, corporate restructuring, banking, business ownership issues and intellectual property rights matters.Yavan’s recent experience includes:
– Advising national on-line retail company on its sale to a Joint Venture conditional upon an Australian Securities Exchange listing with a deal value of A$40,000,000.
– Advising a national financial services provider on fund raising £5,000,000 from BVI private equity to facilitate its acquisitive growth programme.
– Acting for two special purpose vehicle subsidiaries of a prestigious property developer on loan facilities of in excess of £20m and c£8,000,000 provided by a Luxembourg-based investment fund including negotiating facility documents and meeting complex conditions precedent.
– Acting for the MBO team in a £14.5m acquisition and in the post completion restructuring of a seven company group with a group turnover of £50m.
– Advising estate management and compulsory land acquisition consultancy and project management company on complex restructuring including long-term shareholder exit plan, incorporation of four holding companies for incoming equity investment and provision of a group company management document protecting the interests and control of the founding shareholders/directors.
– Advising property investment and management group on restructure including application for HMRC clearance for planned section 110 demerger to separate investment and management businesses.
– Advising on and negotiating the sale of the entire issued share capital of an information technology consultancy business in connection with new investment, including advice on warranties, disclosure process and complex completion accounts mechanism. The transaction was complicated by the fact that the purchaser was investing to secure the financial stability of the company by meeting creditors of the target directly.
– Advising purchaser on reverse takeover of an AIM listed company.
Trained Southorns; qualified 1999; partner Herrington Carmichael 2003. Current executive committee member for Herrington Carmichael LLP; strategy partner for Herrington Carmichael LLP. Publications of note: articles on share incentive schemes, corporate updates, intellectual property law, financial services acquisitions. Presentations on mergers and acquisitions, trademarks, joint ventures and shareholders’ agreements.
Bearwood College; University of Surrey (BSc Hons); College of Law Guildford.
Sports, cinema, music.
South East > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
Herrington Carmichael LLP‘s corporate and commercial team is regarded as a ‘one-stop solution for legal advice‘, offering ‘versatile and wide expertise‘ toa range of clients in the region. Yavan Brar heads up the team, working with corporate specialists Mark Chapman and the ‘exceptional and committed‘ Alex Canham. Legal director Cesare McArdle, who focuses on commercial and construction matters is another well-regarded member of the team. Typical work includes multimillion-pound M&A, share sales and company reorganisations. The practice is primarily based in Camberley, but the wider firm also has a presence in London, Ascot and Wokingham.
- Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation