Mr Ivan Loo > Skrine > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Level 8, Wisma UOA Damansara
50 JALAN DUNGUN, DAMANSARA HEIGHTS
50490 KUALA LUMPUR
- Go to...
Mr Ivan Loo
- International Arbitration
- Construction Litigation, Arbitration and Adjudication
- Oil & Gas, and Energy Disputes
- Construction Inquiries and Investigations
Ivan is the co-head of the Construction and Engineering practice.
His expertise lies in the construction industry where he appears as lead counsel in arbitration, adjudication and litigation proceedings on construction related disputes.
Ivan also regularly sits as arbitrator in both international and domestic arbitrations conducted under various rules of arbitration including the Asian International Arbitration Centre (“AIAC”), the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”), the International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”), and UNCITRAL.
He is also sits as adjudicator under the Construction Industry Payment & Adjudication Act 2012 and as mediator with the Malaysian Mediation Centre.
English and Malay.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow of the Malaysian Society of Adjudicators
- Panel Arbitrator, Asian International Arbitration Centre
- Panel Arbitrator, International Chamber of Commerce
- Panel Adjudicator, Asian International Arbitration Centre
- Accredited Mediator, Malaysian Mediation Centre
- Panel Member, Disciplinary Committee, Legal Profession Disciplinary Board
- Former President, Malaysian Society of Adjudicators
- Former President, Society of Construction Law (Malaysia)
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (1992)
- Barrister-at-Law (Gray’s Inn) (1991)
- LL.B (Hons), University of Bristol (year)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Skrine‘s real estate practice stands out for its work on property developments, drawing on the expertise of the closely linked construction and engineering practice. Theresa Chong is a key name for commercial real estate transactions, regularly advising multinational clients; she also has a niche in assisting educational institutions setting up in Malaysia and for hotel operators and owners of hotels. Ashok Kumar Mahadev Ranai and Ivan Loo are experienced construction litigators, who are both highly active as arbitrators. Richard Khoo‘s practice focuses on non-contentious construction and engineering. He has considerable experience advising government-linked companies and developers on infrastructure, commercial and residential developments, and on drafting and negotiating project documents.
- Leading individuals - Malaysia > Real estate and construction
- Real estate and construction - Malaysia
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property
- Labour and employment
- TMT (including Fintech)
- TMT (including Fintech)