Mr Tatt Boon Lee > Skrine > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Level 8, Wisma UOA Damansara
50 JALAN DUNGUN, DAMANSARA HEIGHTS
50490 KUALA LUMPUR
- Go to...
Mr Tatt Boon Lee
Mr Lee retired from active practice with the firm in 2015. Prior to his retirement, he was Skrine’s Senior Partner as well as Head of the Intellectual Property Division.
His niche practice is Intellectual Property (IP) law, particularly in Patents, Trademarks, Copyright, Designs and Confidential Information, which started in 1973.
Since 1992, he has been a Notary Public, a public position given by the Attorney General of Malaysia to a limited number of Senior Legal Practitioners in Malaysia.
Since his retirement, he has been focusing on mentoring and giving his insight to the associates and pupils on the essential qualities required of good lawyers which is the subject matter of his latest book “Unmasking the Foundations of Good Lawyers”.
English, Malay and Cantonese.
- Chairman, ICC Malaysia (the Malaysian Chapter of the International Chamber of Commerce), December 2012 (Vice Chairman, since February 2004)
- Member, Executive Board of ICC Malaysia
- Member, Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FRIM) Ethical Business Practice Committee
- Member, ICC (Malaysia) IP Committee
- Member, Legal Affairs Committee of The Associated Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Malaysia (ACCCIM)
- Former Associate Editor, “Trademark World”
- Former Editor, “IP Asia”
- Member, Malaysian Intellectual Property Association (MIPA)
- Member, Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Notary Public
- Patent Agent
- Design Agent
- Trade Mark Agent
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Brunei (1996) (Non-Practising)
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Singapore (1991) (Non-Practising)
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya (1973).
- Barrister-at-Law (Gray’s Inn) (1972)