Ms Sharon Chong Tze Ying > Skrine > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Level 8, Wisma UOA Damansara
50 JALAN DUNGUN, DAMANSARA HEIGHTS
50490 KUALA LUMPUR
- Go to...
Ms Sharon Chong Tze Ying
- International Arbitration
- Regulatory Enforcement
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Company Law and Shareholders’ Disputes
- Oil & Gas, and Energy Disputes
- Fraud and Asset Recovery
Sharon is a dispute resolution partner and her portfolio focuses on aviation, international arbitration, commercial litigation and arbitration, company law and shareholders’ disputes.
She acts as an advocate in a wide array of cross-border disputes and has appeared at all tiers of the Malaysian courts and in international arbitrations in Asia and Europe (including ad-hoc arbitrations and those conducted pursuant to ICC, AIAC, SIAC and TAI Rules).
Her other areas of practice include regulatory enforcement, competition disputes, oil & gas disputes, and fraud and asset recovery. Sharon is experienced in a broad range of corporate and commercial disputes including shareholders’ disputes. She provides strategic input in advising corporate clients on fraud matters from the pre-dispute forensic investigation stage, to dispute resolution strategy.
Sharon also sits as an arbitrator and is on the panel of arbitrators of the Asian International Arbitration Centre, the Singapore International Arbitration Centre and the Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators. She is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK) and the Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators. She is also a member of INSOL International and a founding member and Director of the Malaysia Network of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC).
Sharon was appointed as member of the Ad-Hoc Arbitration Panel for the 29th SEA Games Kuala Lumpur 2017, which was the first Ad-Hoc Arbitration Panel in the history of SEA Games, in line with Article 42 of the SEAGF Charter and Rules, amended in June 2015.
Sharon is listed as a “Future Star” in Commercial Disputes in Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 2018.
English, Malay, Cantonese
- Panel Arbitrator, Asian International Arbitration Centre.
- Panel Arbitrator, Singapore International Arbitration Centre.
- Panel Arbitrator, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators.
- Founding member and Director, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) Malaysia Network.
- Member, Research & Development Sub-Committee (Sports Development Act 1997) of the Sports Law Association of Malaysia.
- Assistant Tutor, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK).
- Member, Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG) of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA).
- Member, ICC Young Arbitrators Forum.
- Member, YSIAC of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre.
- Fellow of Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (2016)
- Fellow of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (2015)
- Diploma in International Arbitration (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators) (2015)
- AIAC Certificate Programme in Sports Arbitration (2016)
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2008)
- LL.B (Hons), University of London (2006)
With ‘one of the largest dedicated teams for complex disputes in the Malaysian market‘, Skrine‘s dispute resolution practice offer ‘consistently high quality work‘ delivered by ‘professional and responsive quick thinkers‘. ‘Outstanding lawyer‘ Wai Hong Leong handles a range of commercial litigation and arbitration proceedings and heads up the team which includes ‘excellent advocate‘ Chee Wee Lim, who has experience across the oil and gas offshore sector, regulatory disputes and fraud litigation; Preetha Pillai, who focues on fraud litigation, and administrative and public law litigator Vijay Raj. Other names to note include international arbitration and insolvency specialist Lee Shih and Sharon Chong Tze Ying who has expertise across aviation, competition disputes and regulatory enforcement proceedings.