Ms Hemalatha Parasa Ramulu > Skrine > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Level 8, Wisma UOA Damansara
50 JALAN DUNGUN, DAMANSARA HEIGHTS
50490 KUALA LUMPUR
- Go to...
Ms Hemalatha Parasa Ramulu
- IP Litigation and Enforcement
- Life Sciences and Healthcare
- Product Liability
- General and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Hemalatha is a litigator specialising in IP, life sciences and healthcare including product liability.
Her practice includes a variety of areas of advisory and litigation, focusing on intellectual property law and product liability. She has represented a variety of clients ranging from small to medium scaled industries as well as large multinational companies on a number of complex and high value intellectual property matters including patent, copyright, industrial design and trade mark infringement, passing off, trade libel, malicious falsehood, domain name disputes and so forth. She has also represented pharmaceutical companies involving a variety of high profile and complex product liability litigation and provided advisory work on complex product liability issues involving car parts and car manufacturers.
She has been noted in the Legal 500 of Asia-Pacific for many years for her intellectual property work done for Dart Industries Inc and their subsidiary, Tupperware Brands Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
She is a certified member of the Malaysian Mediators Centre, a Mediator empanelled with the World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO) based in Geneva, Switzerland and also serves as a Domain Name Dispute Resolution Panellist at the AIAC.
English and Malay
- Panel of Accredited Mediators, Malaysian Mediation Centre
- Domain Name Dispute Resolution Panellist, Asian International Arbitration Centre
- Mediator empanelled with the World Intellectual Property Office(WIPO)
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- Member, Malaysian Bar Intellectual Property Committee
- Member, Malaysian Bar Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- Trade Mark Agent
- Certificate in Patent Drafting (2013)
- Certificate in Mediation (2010)
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2007)
- Certificate of Legal Practice (2006)
- LL.B (Upper Second Class Honours), University of London (External) (2005)
- B.Sc (Lower Second Class Honours), University of Malaya (2000)