Ms Lia Alizia > Makarim & Taira S. > Jakarta, Indonesia > Lawyer Profile
Makarim & Taira S. Offices
SUMMITMAS 1, 16TH AND 17TH FLOORS
JL JEND SUDIRMAN KAV 61-62
- Go to...
Ms Lia Alizia
Competition Law, Employment, Foreign Investment & General Corporate Practice, Franchise Law, Insolvency and Restructuring, Inteleectual Property, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Media, IT and Telecommunications, Mergers and Acquisitions
Lia, the Managing Partner at Makarim & Taira S., is a talented lawyer, litigator, a leading advisor to many top businesses worldwide, and also one of the country’s foremost legal practitioners, having been involved in some of the most high-profile matters over the years. She is the Managing Partner and leads the Corporate, Commercial, and Litigation and Dispute Resolutions departments of M&T. She provides expert advice and oversight in large, complex corporate negotiations, and brings over 20 years of experience in managing legal aspects of commercial, transactional and corporate governance matters.
Lia adheres to strict ethical principles when representing clients before Indonesian courts and arbitration panels. Her practice does not only focus on litigation but also aims to provide advice to clients on how to minimize potential risks related to employment, anti-bribery, anti-corruption and litigation issues.
She is a sworn translator, author of a number of significant publications, and often speaks at local and overseas seminars and training programs on employment, litigation and corporate matters. She is also an Instructor Faculty at TRACE Anti-Bribery Specialist Accreditation, an Intellectual Property Rights Consultant and an active member of Indonesia Labour Law Consultant Association.
Indonesian and English.
- Member of the Indonesian Advocates Association (Peradi)
- Vice Chairman of Association of Indonesian Advocates/Attorneys (HAPI)
- Member of the Board Management of British Chamber and Commernce in Indonesia
- Head of Focus Group Discussion in ILLCA on the draft implementing regulation on the Omnibus Law, employment sections particularly on a non-employment security program
- Instructor Faculty, TRACE Anti-Bribery Specialist Accreditation (TASA)
- Faculty Member, Expatise Academy, Netherlands for a lecture on Indonesian employment matters
- Member of Indonesian Labor Law Consultant Association (ILLCA)
- Member of Indonesia’s Cyber Law Community (ICLC)
- Member of Indonesian Intellectual Property Association (AKHKI)
- Member of International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member of LAWASIA (The Law Association for Asia and the Pacific)
- Registered Sworn Translator for English-Indonesian Language under Decree of Governor of Jakarta, 2006
S.H., Jayabaya University, Jakarta, Indonesia, Faculty of Law, 1999.
Makarim & Taira S. ‘s broad employment practice has recently been the trusted advisor on several mass terminations. Lia Alizia is the key name of note and is expert in both contentious and non-contentious work and has been instructed by major multinational companies in the manufacturing, consumer, technology and hospitality sectors.
Makarim & Taira S. is one of the strongest independent firms in the areas of energy, infrastructure and manufacturing, with experience in handling domestic deals as well as working as local counsel on global transactions. Practice head Rahayu Ningsih Hoed is known for her expertise in the energy sectors, with additional strengths in project finance and employment. Maria Sagrado is a key name for the firm’s FDI work, and is currently very active in assisting Chinese and Japanese investors. Managing partner Lia Alizia is highly skilled in corporate governance and general commercial matters.
Makarim & Taira S.‘s experienced corporate team regularly handles merger control matters, particularly for multinational companies in the chemicals, electric and retail industries. Lia Alizia is the name of note for this line of work.
Makarim & Taira S. predominantly focuses on payments disputes and contractual breaches concerning major transactions or projects. Lia Alizia leads the practice and is an expert in the aforementioned areas, and most notably securing the enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in Indonesia. Other key members of the team include Rahayu Hoed, who is adept in handling environmental disputes, and Alexandra FM Gerungan, who is skilled in civil and criminal payment-related disputes.
Makarim & Taira S. advises on bankruptcy, restructuring, and insurance liability issues. Leading the team is Lia Alizia, who is very strong in advising multinational companies on restructuring issues. Kurniawan Tanzil, who heads the banking and finance team, is also very experienced in handling debt restructurings.
- Labour and employment - Indonesia
- Antitrust and competition - Indonesia
- Corporate and M&A - Indonesia
- Dispute resolution - Indonesia
- Restructuring and insolvency - Indonesia