Andrew Jolly > Slaughter and May > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Slaughter and May Offices
ONE BUNHILL ROW
- Go to...
Corporate and M&A, Risk and Business Transformation, Sport, Capital Markets and Restructuring and Isolvency.
Andrew is a partner who undertakes a broad range of corporate and corporate finance work. His practice consists principally of acting for clients on domestic and international corporate finance and M&A transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, mergers and public takeovers, restructurings, equity financings and joint ventures.
Andrew is an expert advising clients on company law, corporate governance and other board-related matters. He is Head of our Risk practice and a member of the Company Law Committee of the Law Society.
Trained at Slaughter and May; qualified 1999; associate 1999-2006; partner 2006.
Ellesmere Port Catholic High School; Trinity College, Oxford (1995 Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) degree, 2(1)); College of Law, Guildford (1996 CPE – Distinction; 1997 LPC-Distinction).
Sport, in particular football and cricket; spending time with family.
Slaughter and May‘s client base includes sports clubs, individuals, owners, leading governing bodies and corporate organisations. Key areas of focus for the multi-disciplinary team include sporting appointments, transfers, M&A, financing, governance, stadia related work, media rights, disputes and investigations. Corporate partner Mark Zerdin heads the practice alongside Andrew Jolly, who provides clients with specialist sports law, regulatory and governance advice, particularly within football.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – mid-large cap
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Employment > Pensions: dispute resolution
- Industry focus > TMT
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Environment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Investment fund formation and management > Listed funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Finance > Securitisation
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Real estate > Property finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Planning
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)