Ms Amanda Zhou > Fangda Partners > Beijing, China > Lawyer Profile
Fangda Partners Offices
27/F North Tower Beijing Kerry Centre
1 Guanghua Road Chaoyang District
- Go to...
Ms Amanda Zhou
Ms. Zhou has extensive experience in general corporate finance areas, including private equity and venture capital investments, m&a, and foreign direct investment.
Before joining Fangda Partners, Ms. Zhou worked in the Beijing office of a major Chinese law firm and two international law firms for over 10 years. She has also worked as general counsel of a leading venture capital firm.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. with distinction
- Hamburg University Law School, LL.M
- China University of Political Science and Law, LL.B.
Fangda Partners is noted for advising a range of international and local clients on M&A, private equity, restructuring, data protection, and venture capital transactions. The team is jointly led by Amanda Zhou, Chen Bao, and Kate Yin, and Shanghai-based Jian Fang and Zhiyi Ren. Yin is particularly focused on regulatory compliance matters with a cross-border element, while Fang advises international corporations, financial institutions and private equity firms on investments and operations in China. Ren is also active in cross-border investments, having recently acted for HSBC Fintech WFOE in obtaining an EDI license.
Fangda Partners is well regarded for its expertise across a broad range of the TMT sectors, acting on a number of high-profile transactions relating to equity and debt financing, restructuring, M&A, data protection and security compliance, and intellectual property protection. Its clients include an enviable list of major Chinese TMT companies, as well as unicorn companies and technology start-ups. The practice is co-led by Amanda Zhou and Doris Tang from Beijing and Shanghai, respectively. Zhou has extensive experience in advising on venture capital transactions and private equity funds, and is supported by Jeffery Ding who is active in the areas of M&A, capital markets and private equity. Also notable are Tianyi Chen and Patrick Li, both of whom specialise in corporate transactions and are experienced in cross-border matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: PRC firms
- Banking and finance: PRC firms
- Capital markets: PRC firms
- Corporate and M&A: PRC firms
- Data protection: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms
- Intellectual property: PRC firms
- Investment funds: PRC firms
- Labour and employment: PRC firms
- Life sciences and healthcare: PRC firms
- Regional coverage: Guangdong Province: Guangzhou and Shenzhen
- Private equity: PRC firms
- Real estate and construction: PRC firms
- Regulatory/compliance: PRC firms
- TMT: PRC firms