Ms Christine Chen > Fangda Partners > Beijing, China > Lawyer Profile
Fangda Partners Offices
27/F North Tower Beijing Kerry Centre
1 Guanghua Road Chaoyang District
- Go to...
Ms Christine Chen
Christine worked for nine years at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP in its New York, Hong Kong and Beijing offices. Christine also worked as Managing Director and Legal Head of North Asia of JPMorgan Chase, overseeing the legal function of the JPM franchise in China, Korea and Taiwan. Before joining Fangda Partners, Christine was a partner of King & Wood Mallesons, having advised on a number of complex and innovative cross-border debt and equity securities offerings.
New York University School of Law, LL.M. (Hauser Global Scholar)
Fudan University School of Economics, Ph.D.
Fudan University School of Law, LL.B. and Masters of Law
Fangda Partners is recognised as a market leader in this field, with extensive expertise in both domestic and international equity and debt offerings, acting for issuers and underwriters. The practice handles a number of high-profile A-share IPOs, asset restructurings, and public M&A deals. It also advises on follow-on offerings, H-share convertible issuance and corporate bonds issuance matters. The practice also contains a strong debt team, advising on a full range of debt securities transactions, as well as a structured finance and securitisation team. Leo Lou leads the Shanghai team, whilst Xueyan Jiang leads the Beijing group. Jeffrey Ding has extensive experience in advising multinational corporations and financial institutions in their investments in China, whilst Christine Chen specialises in advising issuers and underwriters on equity and debt securities offerings, including in US markets. Also notable is Dong Wu, who is experienced in corporate finance matters, and counsel Helen Zhao, who focuses on panda bond offerings and other cross-border securities offerings. Founding member Michael Qi is also noted for his extensive expertise in restructuring, IPO listing and follow on offering matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: PRC firms
- Banking and finance: PRC firms
- Capital markets: PRC firms
- Corporate and M&A: PRC firms
- Data protection: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms
- Intellectual property: PRC firms
- Investment funds: PRC firms
- Labour and employment: PRC firms
- Life sciences and healthcare: PRC firms
- Regional coverage: Guangdong Province: Guangzhou and Shenzhen
- Private equity: PRC firms
- Real estate and construction: PRC firms
- Regulatory/compliance: PRC firms
- TMT: PRC firms