Mr Jian Fang > Fangda Partners > Shanghai, China > Lawyer Profile
Fangda Partners Offices
24/F, HKRI CENTRE TWO, HKRI TAIKOO HUI
288 SHI MEN YI ROAD
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr Jian Fang
Insurance; PRC Firm
Mr. Fang is a specialist in china-related M&A transactions and an expert on financial market regulations. He advises international corporations, financial institutions and private equity firms on their investments and activities in china and advises PRC state-owned enterprises and private enterprises on their cross border investments.
Fang Jian joined Fangda as a partner in 2018. Prior to joining the firm, he worked at a Magic Circle firm as its National Managing Partner. He sits on the panel of arbitrators of Shanghai International Arbitration Centre and Dalian Arbitration Commission (Dalian International Arbitration Court), and serves as a visiting professor to the China National Lawyers’ Institute and the Shanghai University of International Business and Economics.
- Columbia University, LL.M
- Shanghai University of International Business and Economics, Master of Laws
- Shanghai University of International Business and Economics, B.A. in Economics
China > Fintech: PRC firms
Fangda Partners is noted for advising a range of international and local clients on M&A, private equity, restructuring, data protection, and venture capital transactions. The team is jointly led by Amanda Zhou, Chen Bao, and Kate Yin, and Shanghai-based Jian Fang and Zhiyi Ren. Yin is particularly focused on regulatory compliance matters with a cross-border element, while Fang advises international corporations, financial institutions and private equity firms on investments and operations in China. Ren is also active in cross-border investments, having recently acted for HSBC Fintech WFOE in obtaining an EDI license.
China > Insurance: PRC firms
Fangda Partners houses a sizeable team of insurance practitioners who demonstrate strong capabilities in financing transactions, M&A and regulatory matters, making it a popular choice for domestic and international insurers, fintech companies, PE firms and asset management funds seeking assistance with cross-border mandates. On the contentious front, the group is sought after to handle trials in Mainland China and as well as mediation proceedings. The group’s leadership is split between inbound and outbound investment specialist Jian Fang, and Zhiyi Ren, who is a key contact for foreign clients seeking advice on onshore business permits and regulatory matters. Also noted are Beijing-based Siyuan Pan, an expert in outbound acquisitions and corporate matters, and counsel Lily Yan.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: PRC firms
- Banking and finance: PRC firms
- Capital markets: PRC firms
- Corporate and M&A: PRC firms
- Data protection: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms
- Intellectual property: PRC firms
- Investment funds: PRC firms
- Labour and employment: PRC firms
- Life sciences and healthcare: PRC firms
- Regional coverage: Guangdong Province: Guangzhou and Shenzhen
- Private equity: PRC firms
- Real estate and construction: PRC firms
- Regulatory/compliance: PRC firms
- TMT: PRC firms